Discuss Heathrow airport vehicle passes airside in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Merlehaggard

Just a quick question, does anyone know if it is possible for a sponsor company for airside passes at heathrow airport to apply for vehicle passes for sub-contractors to go airside as well as their own vehicles? Alternatively, does my company need to apply to be a sponsor company itself in order to do this?

Security rules are prone to changes at short notice, I'd suggest you contact the airport security directly for this type of info.

Ok thanks. I am told by sponsor company that they can only get their vehicles airside. I can't see any info anywhere to back this up. I can talk to them myself but didn't know if they would talk to me direct, not being a signatory but am going to try.

I am not sure who can apply for access, but just make sure your insurance company knows your vehicles are going airside, they have very particular requirements for this sort of activity.
I remember our fleet had to inform the insurance each time they went airside and get special cover for that period.

Having worked airside and landside at a lot of airports I can safely say Heathrow is one of the most awkward , have you had the induction yet , thats usually at the northern perimeter road , when you do ask about the vehicle passes their , fortunately we never had to take vehicles airside , and all our equipment went through the scanners etc , but I should imagine it won't be easy , but in your case I would speak to the guy at the induction ...

Having worked airside and landside at a lot of airports I can safely say Heathrow is one of the most awkward , have you had the induction yet , thats usually at the northern perimeter road , when you do ask about the vehicle passes their , fortunately we never had to take vehicles airside , and all our equipment went through the scanners etc , but I should imagine it won't be easy , but in your case I would speak to the guy at the induction ...

Yeah, been working there for years but always take our equipment via sponsor company vehicle but trying to save time and bring in our own vehicles. I have emailed them direct to see if they will answer. To be honest, having researched a bit more, I think that the answer is that only the sponsor company vehicles can go airside as they need their company signage to be on them - either temporarily or permanently.

Reply to Heathrow airport vehicle passes airside in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net