Discuss Hello in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have to confess straightaway that I am scared stiff of electricity, so you probably won't be seeing much of me on the site.
I live in south-west France, having kissed a Frog while on my year abroad during my French/Spanish degree, and we are very ordinary people, with ordinary lives.
I'm going to post on the lighting forum and hope to get some help.
Samthepan

Thank you, James.
I forgot to say that I am buying the light fitting in England, so could have it sorted there, but I read one of your threads - before joining - about how picky the French are about their own standards, as no doubt the British are about theirs, which made me wonder if it would not be better to have it rewired here.
[automerge]1595279515[/automerge]
Welcome to le forum.
Super ton français, DPG ; bientôt tu seras bilingue :D

Last edited:
While I can't say definitively, most fittings like lights, etc, tend to be pretty much common across the EU (though we are soon to depart there). What you find is very different are the regional wiring regulations of how all the parts are all put together to make an installation.

There are a few forum members who have a strong link with France, such as @Mike Johnson, who might be able to shine some light on your problems.

you could have it rewired over here if a UK sparks can find pink and orange cable/s. :( :(

Reply to Hello in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Greetings, everyone, After dedicating over a month to researching Solar PV systems, I'm nearly ready to make a decision. I owe my progress to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm new to these forum so go easy on me! Apologies if this has been brought up many times before but I have some questions about...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Not really sure how much of a longshot this is, but wanted to inquire and get any advice possible on being a licensed electrician...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Hi everyone! I'm Sam and will be owning my first home in the South West soon if the ongoing purchase goes through successfully. Its a 3...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock