Search the forum,

Discuss Help is this ok?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

super

Hi I've quoted to do a rewire in a 3 bed house it has no gas ,the guy keeps knocking me down which means I have to keep compromising on what I need to do to get the job.so the guy has knocked me down 50% upto now.which means I'm going to wire everything in 1mm to keep cable cost down so that's 2 light circuits, cooker ,shower ,water heater, bathroom htr and 3 ring mains all in 1mm ,I found 4mm earth is cheaper than 10mm for the main protective bonding so will use that and going for rewireable fuseboard that I'm gonna take out my house and install a newer board but it has a wood surround which is far from ideal.so after all that I'm going to do the rewire for £5k that's trunked/ clipped .if he knocks me down anymore will have to forget about issuing a certificate as that saves more money.the part I need help with is this, is it weird to wear pink boxers in a Wednesday?

Got to be a wind up, if it isn't I want some of whatever the OP is on, jeez

don't bother with the the 4mm earth as the electrics will work fine without it and you could just glue surface mount sockets on the walls without any cable to them to save you a bit more money

i'm just doing a full monte rewire. pulling all the old pvc T/E and as a bonus, you can have the original VIR which was left in when the previous rewire was done. sell you the lot for a tenner.

Reply to Help is this ok?? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just a quick sanity check really around rcbo discrimination.. but also RCDs being used as L-E fault protection. Scenario being a garage...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock