Discuss Help required! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Leccy1976

Hello guys.
I am new to this forum so please go gentle with me! :)

I am currently designing an automatic locking system, which uses an electromagnetic plate lock. However, i am unsure exactly how they operate, and as of yet cannot find any circuit/wiring diagrams to help me understand them.
If anybody has worked with electromagnetic plate locks, or has any drawings which might be able to help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

If anything does not make sense, or you need me to explain further exactly what i need it for, i can expand, but dont want to drag on too much with my first post!

Many thanks :)

Hello guys.
I am new to this forum so please go gentle with me! :)

I am currently designing an automatic locking system, which uses an electromagnetic plate lock. However, i am unsure exactly how they operate, and as of yet cannot find any circuit/wiring diagrams to help me understand them.
If anybody has worked with electromagnetic plate locks, or has any drawings which might be able to help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

If anything does not make sense, or you need me to explain further exactly what i need it for, i can expand, but dont want to drag on too much with my first post!

Many thanks :)
yes please do,expand.They are quite simple,sometimes ac,sometimes dc,depends on its use.,sometimes normally closed/open.Sometimes they need an emergency release similar to a breakglass unit,sometimes they are controlled thru a keypad or sometimes they may also have a timeclock,operating at certain times to let mailman in.Sometimes building control can request that they are linked into a firealarm system. However they normally take just a pair of cables,to power up the magnet,switched according to your specs.

Thats a great help thanks, starting to make sense of them a bit!

What i am doing is making an automatic locking system using a smart key. The idea is designed so that whenever you are within a certain distance the door will unlock automatically.
I have to use an electromagnetic plate lock which unlocks automatically when this transmitter is within a certain distance, and then locks again once it has gone out of range.

I just wasnt too sure how electromagnetic plate locks functioned, or how i could design this locking system.

Again, even the slightest bit of help would be greatly appreciated guys.:)

Thats a great help thanks, starting to make sense of them a bit!

What i am doing is making an automatic locking system using a smart key. The idea is designed so that whenever you are within a certain distance the door will unlock automatically.
I have to use an electromagnetic plate lock which unlocks automatically when this transmitter is within a certain distance, and then locks again once it has gone out of range.

I just wasnt too sure how electromagnetic plate locks functioned, or how i could design this locking system.

Again, even the slightest bit of help would be greatly appreciated guys.:)

there is an enormous variety available,you can get 12volt or 24 voltdc.
your lock would need power to hold on.(locked)Whenever your receiver picks up the signal,basicly it operates a relay,dropping off the power.You should try googling for more info.Loads of stuff out there.

Reply to Help required! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock