Discuss Hiding sub-forums in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adam W

When I log on to the forum I like to press the 'What's New?' button and read all the new posts, however a lot of the posts I read may as well be in a different language because they're from the PV/green energy sub-forum which I don't understand and have little interest in.

Is there any way of stopping posts from certain forums from appearing in the 'what's new' list?
I don't necessarily want that sub-forum to disappear completely, just to choose when I want to view it.

Sorry I can't reply to the above because I don't read the suggestion forum :rofl:

Agree with you Adam. I use the 'what's new" button most of the time and a good percentage are forums that I have no interest in. If there is a way to ignore forums (same as ignore posts) can be applied, I would be happy. Think a lot of PV lads would benefit from not seeing threads that they have no interest in, works both ways.

could always try the screwfux forum. don't think they've got around to all this modern PV stuff yet.

could always try the screwfux forum. don't think they've got around to all this modern PV stuff yet.
Yeah but I'd still have to deal with the general ethos of the aforementioned forum - I'd probably end up blocking all the other members and talking to myself in my own little world.

If you go to the
main forum index page , next to each forum is a small icon that looks like this
forum_new-48.png

Double click the icon and it sets that particular forum as having been read.

Hope that helps.
Ps this might not work depending what forum skin you're using and maybe not on mobile devices.

Reply to Hiding sub-forums in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net