Discuss how is the biggest inept idiot-- in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A lad out the army , sent out to fit a new 6 ft fluos fitting, spent all day at it. I went there, no starter fitted, it was still stuck in the inside of the fitting , clipped in for transport.

Had a new spark work for me on a Job once and he got a length of twin metal capping and flattened it with a hammer on the floor then he tried to put it over 2 twin and earths and wondered why it stuck half an inch of the wall, also had a spark screw some tray to a ceiling without any unistrut or even washers behind it, I fell about laughing watching him trying to tywrap some data cables to it, both were no-alls, but in the end they even laughed at themelves.

7th building in an identical row, done the same first fix on the previous 6, i am away for a couple of days so numpty decides the best way to help me identify all the circuits in the DB is mark every one of the many many singles with the number 3. all of them. same numpty on another job changing a large feeder pillar marks all of the blue cables he removes off the neutral bar 'neutral'. not even a number 3, just neutral.

a so-called CCTV engineer that used the screw-on bnc connectors as he couldn't work out why the crimp ones failed after he'd fitted them using pliers to crimp them.

someone i know...that went to this house to solve an RCD prob......couldn`t find out why it was tripping.....
so blamed it on the washing machine....and buggered off.
it was still tripping so i was dropped off to go sort it out.....ramped it.....wouldn`t even ramp it was that sh***ed....
dropped a new one in for her....happy days you may think right?...wrong!.....this numpty had left her without a washing machine for a week with 2 small kids.......there were piles and piles of dirty laundry in that house.....and she was a clean living sort....
duty of care anyone?
utterly disgraceful....

A right know it all Spark I knew was sent to a job, lights and power flickering /lights coming on all the time on their own etc. He told em it was a suppliers fault. Too me literally seconds to identify that the main switch was burning out. Lights coming on on their own as they were switched on, whilst the main switch intermittently made and broke.

A right know it all Spark I knew was sent to a job, lights and power flickering /lights coming on all the time on their own etc. He told em it was a suppliers fault. Too me literally seconds to identify that the main switch was burning out. Lights coming on on their own as they were switched on, whilst the main switch intermittently made and broke.
he could have told her she`s got poltergeists in....

Ha, too be honest, when I was told that the lights were coming on 'on their own' I did scratch my head... 'til you figure it out its dead obvious !
Thats one of the reasons this job is interesting, learn something new regularly! (not every day, too old now)

iworked as a subby in a machine shop, lots of lathes/ welders,ect the guy that was running the job was wiring an old 2 phase spot welder but was installing a single phase supply to it
i mentioned to him the it was a 2phase he just scoffed at me
the main engineer came a bit later and told him the same thing, he lost it and ripped all the cables out of the trunking after thowing all the lid onto the floor in temper
this guy runs a large buisness now

iworked as a subby in a machine shop, lots of lathes/ welders,ect the guy that was running the job was wiring an old 2 phase spot welder but was installing a single phase supply to it
i mentioned to him the it was a 2phase he just scoffed at me
the main engineer came a bit later and told him the same thing, he lost it and ripped all the cables out of the trunking after thowing all the lid onto the floor in temper
this guy runs a large buisness now
lol.....a lot of stick plant is 2 phase n all.....

I sent a labourer under the floor to cut a cable, the access was a littlhe tight for me...
Anyhow, he was down there with my pliers, struggling to cut an alarm cable. I asked him what was the problem, he tells me ' the pliers wont cut it' ???/?
He was trying to cut it with the flat part of the pliers.. Christ give me strength.

someone i saw once wanting to run 25mm tails on an outside wall within a PVC trunking for
`mechanical protection`....lol....this was feeding a small C/U for a kitchen (3 finals)....a 32A ring, 16A cooker circuit and a 6A for the lighting.....run was about 2.9 meters....
25mm tails....lol...
said to him to use a bit of 10mm 3 core armoured and clip it direct...
25mm tails....jesus wept..lol...

Just thought of one.

Was laying a patio, middle terrace (with a big long garden!), so slabs were all at the front on drive, needed wheeling through the alley. Was round back with a 16 year old lad assisting. Asked him to fetch me the next load, and btw here's some snips to cut the steel tape holding them.

After 20 secs it was like a homer simpson moment of me turning to run to the front shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOO......!"

I remembered the slabs were steel strapped and all propped a certain way, and if you didnt use your noodle, they would all smack down...which is exactly what I saw as I came out of the alley.

Bless 'im.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing... How many times have you been led up the garden path by a DIY Dave Househoulder client? seen some nightmares in my time, and fell for it a couple of times too.

Reply to how is the biggest inept idiot-- in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net