Discuss How to add a directory listing to the forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Supporter
Reaction score
Just a quickie to show you how to add a directory listing to the forum.
N.B. If you want to skip all this and get Dan to do your listing for you, and optimise it, and it then gets featured at the top of all listings, click here: Get Your Directory Listing Optimised by Dan via Forum Subscription Service (Examples Inside) - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/get-your-directory-listing-optimised-by-dan-via-forum-subscription-service-examples-inside.178897/

Step 1: Click Electricians Directory in the main menu - Link is also here: Electricians Directory

Then you will end up on the following screen.

How to add a directory listing to the forum 1569245062413 - EletriciansForums.net

Step 2: Find the category from the main menu in which your company is mainly based. So it's just one county for now. We will enable the adding to two or more categories once we have populated the directory a bit. So pick the one your head office is based, or the county you get most of your work from etc. For the example, I've selected the Electricians in Berkshire category, which was in Electricians in England menu. This currently has no actual listings so it's a fresh category.

How to add a directory listing to the forum 1569245250214 - EletriciansForums.net

Step 3: Click the orange "Add Resource" button.

How to add a directory listing to the forum 1569245279942 - EletriciansForums.net

Step 4: Fill in all the details and click save.

Simple as that
. Your listing should have a couple of images in it, some bullet points about what you provide service-wise, that kinda jazz. Then your contact details.

IMPORTANT: Listings with very little information in them WILL NOT GET YOU CALLS / WEBSITE TRAFFIC!

If you would like to skip all this and get me to add your listing for you, and optimise it so it has the best chance possible of ranking well in search engines and the forum search etc, then please see the following information regarding forum subscriptions. It's basically £45 for a spot-on optimised listing, that is featured above all others (once it's populated that'll be important). Get Your Directory Listing Optimised by Dan via Forum Subscription Service (Examples Inside) - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/get-your-directory-listing-optimised-by-dan-via-forum-subscription-service-examples-inside.178897/

You need 3+ posts. :)

We were getting some people just come, make a poor quality listing with just an email address in, and then leave and not come back. So I set it up so you need to contribute a couple of times first. Just so people know how to use the place.

Absolutely. Baby steps though.

The more empty categories we have, the poorer each listing and category will do. It needs to be populated really before we go global with it. Which is something I'd be happy to do, just not quite with the current menu-setup.

Plumbers are being guinea pigs on a different setup soon. I've managed to use prefix-based listings (like the thread title prefixes you might have seen around the forum), and also make the listings searchable by area which kinda cuts out all needs for menus or prefixes involving counties.

So we can have types of plumbers as the categories, and then the location is entered by the user themselves. Suggestions will pop up as they type so as to match existing listings in the same area.

It's a bit of a trial at the moment matey. Need to see how much business each section gets and tweak the listings based on that.

What I can do right now though is add a 'Republic of Ireland' category, but not have the counties as menu options.

Edit: I've added the Republic of Ireland Electricians category. If you could pop your county in the tag line, it'll help you out. :)

Sorry to be a pain.

Is there any update on when we will be able to list in two categories, e.g. Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland? As my business operates in both, roughly a 50/50% split. (Our base is only 1 - 1.5 miles from the border.)

Just a quickie to show you how to add a directory listing to the forum.
N.B. If you want to skip all this and get Dan to do your listing for you, and optimise it, and it then gets featured at the top of all listings, click here: Get Your Directory Listing Optimised by Dan via Forum Subscription Service (Examples Inside) - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/get-your-directory-listing-optimised-by-dan-via-forum-subscription-service-examples-inside.178897/

Step 1: Click Electricians Directory in the main menu - Link is also here: Electricians Directory

Then you will end up on the following screen.

View attachment 52483

Step 2: Find the category from the main menu in which your company is mainly based. So it's just one county for now. We will enable the adding to two or more categories once we have populated the directory a bit. So pick the one your head office is based, or the county you get most of your work from etc. For the example, I've selected the Electricians in Berkshire category, which was in Electricians in England menu. This currently has no actual listings so it's a fresh category.

View attachment 52484

Step 3: Click the orange "Add Resource" button.

View attachment 52485

Step 4: Fill in all the details and click save.

Simple as that
. Your listing should have a couple of images in it, some bullet points about what you provide service-wise, that kinda jazz. Then your contact details.

IMPORTANT: Listings with very little information in them WILL NOT GET YOU CALLS / WEBSITE TRAFFIC!

If you would like to skip all this and get me to add your listing for you, and optimise it so it has the best chance possible of ranking well in search engines and the forum search etc, then please see the following information regarding forum subscriptions. It's basically £45 for a spot-on optimised listing, that is featured above all others (once it's populated that'll be important). Get Your Directory Listing Optimised by Dan via Forum Subscription Service (Examples Inside) - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/get-your-directory-listing-optimised-by-dan-via-forum-subscription-service-examples-inside.178897/
How to add a tag to my profile? Could you please add: “BOAT”

Reply to How to add a directory listing to the forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock