Discuss I bear good news.................. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SirKit Breaker

And bad unfortunately!

BS7671 is now on its 3rd amendment. A British Standard can only be amended 3 times. Thats the good news then, it can't be amended again, so guess what? 2018 will see an all new version of BS7671, called the 18th Edition.

You heard it here first, so get saving, it'll be around the £100 mark by then................:mad2:

Cheers..............Howard

As long as they bring back the bonding to door handles and aluminium window frames it'll be worth every penny. ;)

And bad unfortunately!

BS7671 is now on its 3rd amendment. A British Standard can only be amended 3 times. Thats the good news then, it can't be amended again, so guess what? 2018 will see an all new version of BS7671, called the 18th Edition.

You heard it here first, so get saving, it'll be around the £100 mark by then................:mad2:

Cheers..............Howard

Heard that about 2 months ago at one of the Megger / NAPIT amendment 3 meetings they were running, but was lead to believe they could only amend a BS twice and the IET had to get a dispensation for a third amendment

Heard that about 2 months ago at one of the Megger / NAPIT amendment 3 meetings they were running, but was lead to believe they could only amend a BS twice and the IET had to get a dispensation for a third amendment

You are probably right mate, but it all adds up to the same thing.......SPEND SPEND SPEND as Mrs Nicholson would say

I don't give a stuff, I'm not buying am3 never mind the next thrilling instalment.

You have not missed much. The first few chapters give a very detailed description of each caricature. In the end, Professor Ze (related to Vicar Ra, but dont get me started on that sub-line story!) murdered Mrs Zs in the RFC as explained in Appendix 15!!!!

Knew I should have read 50 shades of grey again?

Last edited:
...All this reminds me of my wait for the next version of another favourite journal...not nearly as precise,forgiving or descriptive as the first...but my peers cajoled me to"keep-up"... so that's how i ended up forking out for the "New testament"...:innocent:

You have not missed much. The first few chapters give a very detailed description of each caricature. In the end, Professor Ze (related to Vicar Ra, but dont get me started on that sub-line story!) murdered Mrs Zs in the RCF as explained in Appendix 15!!!!

Knew I should have read 50 shades of grey again?

Sod 50 shades of grey, I’m struggling getting through 50 shades of Pink Minx at the moment.

Have you read any of Tolkien’s works? They’re worse than anything the IET or NFPA could come up with? Back and forth between the index, genealogy tables, cross references, etc. by the time you’ve found what you were looking for you will have forgotten the story.
I hope a Norwegian friend of mine doesn’t read this, he’s Tolkien’s biographer, I’ll never hear the last of it.
He came to visit me, I thought I’d never get him out of the “The Trip to Jerusalem”, it is like a Hobbit hole.

Its just becoming a complete joke, i stil havent even opened the last lot of updated books i had to buy for a tick in the box on my last annual nic assessment,

gn1
gn3
osg
nic testing and insp book

cost about another £100

now i have to replace them all again plus a new regs book and the information is 99.9% exactly the same!!

takes the p#%^

Last edited:
don't forget the cost of calibration of test equip. as well. another drain on the resources. these days i self check my gear.

test the same RCD at home every 3 months. expect the times to be close to the last ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Reply to I bear good news.................. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net