Discuss integrating a vsd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Shaun12

I'm looking to integrate a vsd into a standard auto/stop/start circuit using the drawing below. Currently when the system is in auto an input from a hmi will start the motor. Switched to hand, its the local start/stop buttons. On the power side it would be placed after the isolator/contactor (overload will probably be obsolete).

The drive won't be controlled over the profibus network. I can add terminals/relays. With that in mind would you take a signal from the auto run, start/stop, to control the drive

There will be analog inputs from a pressure switch by the motor/pump to adjust the speed accordinglyDraw1.jpg

So what's the question?

Fit the drive and remove the O/L
Give it a start signal and tell it to use the analogue signal as its speed ref.

But I think you know this already by reading your post.

Last edited:
Hi Lee, So would you take the auto run signal c4/104 to the drive? And then also take the hand run/stop signals? I think i would also need to monitor the emergency stop relay from the drive.

The drive has already been selected by someone else - Siemens master 440 (unfiltered i believe). It's only controlling a low pressure pump 25m away, nothing too special.

Reply to integrating a vsd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good day all, I'm writing from the Commonwealth of Dominica (NOT Dominican Republic) where we have single phase 230V, 50Hz. I'm managing a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a small DC motor that I pulled off from an ABS car module and need help identifying some parts in order to hopefully rebuild it. 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, First of all I must explain why my posting came to be on this site, I was looking on the internet for a forum that could help with a project...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
So here is the thing Rhere is an old MEMSHIELD TPN+E Board that is pretty mich obsolete. The only place that sells their breakers would be Ebay...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock