Discuss ISIS and the atacks in Belgium in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Probably going to get some conflicting replies, but here goes, I watched a report from a US photo journalist yesterday regarding the Kurds stance against ISIS.

It seems that there is evidence that ISIS have or still has the ability to wage chemical attacks against the Kurds ( who are fighting ISIS basically on their own), now this Jurno has witnessed the way the Loyal Kurds are trying desperately to protect their way of life on the front line against ISIS.

The report highlighted the plight of poor weaponry that the Kurds have (remember these guys were on our side during the Gulf War), a shooting range for the Kurd Army was pictured and during the exercise 7 of the AK47s went wrong, any equipment they need is usually liberated from ISIS during skirmishes on the front line.

Now we constantly hear the likes of Cameron and Obama and other Western leaders "we must defeat ISIS at all costs, why oh why cant the West supply these guys with decent arms, to fight what is a global problem, I realise it's not as simple as sending a few attack helicopters over there to help out, but these people are on the front line daily doing battle with the ISIS fanatics, which according to the local commanders are the same outfits that the Kurds were fighting during both Gulf Wars, come on Dave and Barack stop standing on the touchline and hit them where it hurts.

:83:

What do others think?

Because the Yanks back the Turks who are also trying to annihilate the Kurds, I personally feel sorry for them as nobody seems to want them, I believe their country borders Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran.

So you reckon it's all down to cosying up to our NATO allies? probably right on the ball there mate, as you said a crying shame, still what the Yanks want they usually get. The worlds Police force Jeez what a tangled web they weave.

Last edited:
Best of luck working that one out. The whole area is a minefield (excuse the pun). For over a century, various nations have been supporting different factions & countries for different reasons (recently probably for control of oil reserves) and have had their fingers burnt. It would be great if it was a simple case of supporting a side who were fighting Daesh (call them that, they don't like it), but nothing is just that simple. A quote from Sun Tzu, The Art of War 'If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.'

Because some faction will always be top dog and then will FORCE the underdogs to comply. The islamic religion has differing sects and have been at war with every other sect since their "holy" book was written.
It is "Fabled" that ISIS was supplied with weapons and other gifts by the west in the war with Saddam Hussain. Hussain may have been a milatary dictator but Did seem to keep the different sects in some sort of harmony. Now I believe due to his death one has become too big for its boots.So feeding arms to the kurds would be a big mistake.

Reply to ISIS and the atacks in Belgium in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock