Discuss kewtech kt61 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kung

Hi guys
anyone out there own/use a kewtech kt61 ? i need to get NIC assessed for domestic installer and was wondering if this is good enough for the assessment ? i got it when money wasnt good and just saw the does all tests required in bs7671 and part p etc 17th ed compliant ! its a good cheap tester thats easy to use but doesnt do pfc calcs so need to do these yourself zs=ze+r1+r2 etc no real prob though but with regard to insulation resistance it has a fixed 500v test voltage so is it still ok to use for the assessment ? and is it ok if selv is present to just isolate this as cant drop the test voltage to 250v or can i only pass the assessment if there isnt the presents of selv ?
Regards
Tony.
I will buy a megger mft1552 soon as the money allows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, I appreciate this was a few years ago but did you ever get an answer to this as i find myself in a similar situation.

Tony, I appreciate this was a few years ago but did you ever get an answer to this as i find myself in a similar situation.
you dont get PFC with the Robin 1610.....much better test equipment out there now.....just be mindful that the newer kewtechs (kt64, kt65, kt66) have been having problems with continuity.....something to do with the rotary switch i think......

Hi Ant
Nah didnt get an answer but was fine for use ! with regards IR test i tested board as a whole and linked L/N and put on cert tested L/N + E.
Good luck !

Reply to kewtech kt61 in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net