Discuss knee pad inserts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ferg

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
As per title.

My knees are knackered, I used to try and use a mat but it's just not practical.
I've found some inserts that work for me and don't fall out every 30 Sec.

But they still try and creep out of my work trousers.

Does anyone have a solution for this other than stitching them in?

At £30 quid a pop I dont really want a pair of pads per trousers :)

Thanks

i have a couple of seats out of a bus (just the bit you sit on, not the whole lot). about 2 and a half foot wide, wooden base, 3" of sponge and covered in hard wearing material. comfy as hell. can't take them on proper sites though, but they're spot-on for when i'm doing a bit of domestic.

my knees think they are in heaven just thinking about bus seats :)

Buy Dickies trousers and pads, the way the knee pocket is made it's almost impossible for the pads to escape, so much so that I have two pads in each pocket on all my trousers for maximum comfort when kneeling.

I had dickies and for some reason the pads inserted at the bottom (hurhurhur) and eventually one fell out, i found out when dropping down to the ground at speed expecting a cushioned fall but instead it was a stone to knee cap affair

I have the scruffs now and they're much better. Knee pad in at the top with Velcro and then another larger flap over the top of that, much better trousers over all!

You could try Orthopaedic knee supports under the trousers. They won't show. They won't slip. They are not as cushioning as a kneepad, but if you're using nothing now they might be just the ticket.

I have dickies and pads and yes they don't fall out but one minute they are under your knees the next they are half way around the side then above the knee they don't stay under my knees so I have up on them

Dickies ones for me too, when i first got them i thought they were useless as the pads kept falling out but after a short while i realised there was a small lip of fabric to keep the buggers in:biggrin5:, i do like the idea of two pairs in each though, maximum comfyness

I have snickers work trousers with the knee pad pockets, but I don't use their own pads as they don't last more than 3 months usually. I use 'redback' knee pads which have lasted for the past 15 months. Well worth the money.

Home | Redbacks Kneepads

im using snickers trousers with the kneepads that come with them.

the pads go in from above so impossible for them to slip out, dickies and other brands offer work trousers that have these.

thanks for the website billy, knee's were aching the otherday after kneeling all day

sounds a bit overkill but i use my spare motocross knee guards at the moment, strap in place under trousers, never move and very very comfy, keep knees dry too, and good cushioning when dropping on to knees quickly, currently using evs ones, 20 quid, bargain

I have a pair and although they are good they're quite heavy! You certainly don't forget you have them in unlike the foam ones.

Reply to knee pad inserts in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock