Discuss Marv's Pics in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You can tell by his ears what he's thinking. In the photo he's got twenty five past seven ears which mean he's happy and probably half asleep. When they become three fifteen ears he's heard something of interest like car keys or his lead being moved and when he's in his 'make my day punk' mode his ears are straight up with the ends curled over.

Noted!!
I know baboons can be aggressive but I would still put my wages on the dog, very loyal, intelligent and protective breed to the owners.
There was a news report a while back where a dogo argentino dog had killed a puma to save 2 girls, a quick internet search will find the news report.

Baboons can be very aggressive, I usually take my snub nose 38 when we go in areas where they are. They tend not to fight with dogs or people for that matter but they are very bold and will go to great lengths to steal you bags etc. You sometimes get an lone alpha male that's not part of a pack and they're more aggressive and skittish than normal which is why the Parks Board often have to cull them.

He was curious about the baboons but he wasn't instinctively aggressive until they stole his ball. He was pretty single minded in his attempts to recover it and they were happy to give it back after a chase probably because they had youngsters nearby and didn't want to risk a skirmish. If it came to a full blown rumble between a large male baboon and a medium to large dog it could go either way. In the Eastern Cape where they hunt baboons for food they usually take 4 or 5 dogs on a hunt, 2 large and 2 small.

This is the ball in question.

Marv's Pics IMG-20141225 - EletriciansForums.net

He would have fun with my jack, although jack is getting more aggressive with age, he was fine up to about 3 years old but for the last 12 - 16 month he is getting a bit more dominant around other male dogs and at 8 stone he can take some stopping as you can imagine.

Attachments

• Marv's Pics 552417_2274579721016_285580829_n - EletriciansForums.net
    552417_2274579721016_285580829_n.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
Jack's certainly a handsome beast ;) What breed is he? Is he neutered?

Isn't 8 stone around 50Kg? He doesn't look that big. I'm not sure what Wutos weighs but I don't think it's that much, I doubt I'd get him to stand on the scale but I might give it a try at some stage.

Jack's certainly a handsome beast ;) What breed is he? Is he neutered?

Isn't 8 stone around 50Kg? He doesn't look that big. I'm not sure what Wutos weighs but I don't think it's that much, I doubt I'd get him to stand on the scale but I might give it a try at some stage.

He is a Rhodesian ridgeback x American bulldog, he isn't neutered which is probably half the problem, yes he is 50kg even though he doesn't look that heavy it's because he is pure muscle. Regarding wutos try to remember to ask the vet to weigh him the next time he goes in for any check ups or vaccinations, we always get jack weighed it comes in handy when they need flea or worming as the dosage goes on the weight of the dog

It's been quite chilly here today as well, it got to a pathetic 26 degrees at lunchtime and the temperature plummeted to about 17 degrees this evening and it's looking like rain.

Nice for evening its dropped to 9 here tonight Brrrrrr
9 degrees!!!! Hope you've got the heating cranked up, I dragged my big furry jacket out this evening and there's already extra blankets on the bed. I hate the cold.

9 degrees!!!! Hope you've got the heating cranked up, I dragged my big furry jacket out this evening and there's already extra blankets on the bed. I hate the cold.

Just remember to put me back when you've finished!!

He is a Rhodesian ridgeback x American bulldog, he isn't neutered which is probably half the problem, yes he is 50kg even though he doesn't look that heavy it's because he is pure muscle. Regarding wutos try to remember to ask the vet to weigh him the next time he goes in for any check ups or vaccinations, we always get jack weighed it comes in handy when they need flea or worming as the dosage goes on the weight of the dog

I had an encounter with a couple of Rhodesian Ridgebacks a few years ago.
I was on a trip to South Africa at the time and staying in the Sandton area of Johannesburg. Marvo might know it.

I was driving back north on what I recall as Jan Smuts Avenue, a big wide road on a peaceful Sunday morning.
Then two bl00dy great Ridgebacks escaped from a garden and ran out in front of me. I managed to miss one but the other caught the nearside front headlight. The dog walked off, seemingly unharmed.

The car fared worse. It literally knocked the ---- out of the poor dog and my pristine white car was defecated upon - a whole streak of krap all the way along the side. And then was what I took to be dog ---- dripping from the front of the car. It wasn't.

The next morning the car failed to start. The canine pee was H2SO4 from the battery. The impact from the dog not only broke the headlamp, it pushed the adjuster bake into the battery casing hence the loss of electrolyte.

But the dog was OK - I checked back a couple of days later.

I'm not keen on Ridgebacks as a breed, those I've had first hand experience of have been unpredictable, skittish and emotionally unstable. It may be at least partly because of their sheer size that on anything less than 5 acres of land they don't have enough space to exercise.

I'm not keen on Ridgebacks as a breed, those I've had first hand experience of have been unpredictable, skittish and emotionally unstable. It may be at least partly because of their sheer size that on anything less than 5 acres of land they don't have enough space to exercise.

Agree mate, we are lucky that we have lots of fields nearby so jack gets on average 4 hrs off the lead time a day to have a good run.

Reply to Marv's Pics in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock