Discuss mate sent me this, he is on ratedpeople! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
My mate is a plumber and is on rated people. there are people asking for a rewire for a 2 bed bungalow for under 1k... what planet are they on? I sure as heck aint paying £24+ to be a member every month, I pick up a few jobs on my builder now and then as its free to join and you only pay for what you quote for. but at the prices people are suggesting on ratedpeople you may as well go shelf stacking in the local supermarket.

upload_2018-2-20_20-20-44.png

I'd like a Ferrari for about £3K .................... but seriously these are people looking for the cheapest price and let state facts, they aren't going to use registered people, who pay insurances, scheme fees, income tax and national insurance .................

That's one massive problem with their system, they let customers estimate what they want to spend on a job without any knowledge as to what it may cost.
Ridiculous as it cannot benefit customer, trader, or the middle man service.

Reply to mate sent me this, he is on ratedpeople! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I commissioned an EICR to be done on a property that is in Wales as this is now a requirement in order to let on any new tenancies after 1st...
Replies
Views
CheckaTrade | MyBuilder | RatedPeople | TrustaTrader etc - Who's with what and why? Thought I'd start a poll off to see if we can see who's with...
Replies
Views
In addition to the 4 main, well known competent persons schemes (NICEIC, ELECSA, NAPIT and STROMA), there is apparently another, lesser known...
Replies
Views
I am currently studying one night a week C&G Level 2 Installations. Got my CSCS card, currently going down the route of ECS as well, I work one...
Replies
Views
I am currently studying one night a week C&G Level 2 Installations. Got my CSCS card, currently going down the route of ECS as well, I work one...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock