Discuss Mathematical Genius..... NOT. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Blame the Thatch Lady...
Clearly you have have something against her... but putting that aside... can you explain how you blame Thatcher for the poor arithmetic of someone who was probably born a decade after she left office ???

It was famously Blair who said his top 3 priorities were "Education, education and education !" and then proceeded to dumb down the education system to make it look like things were improving !!

Maybe you can blame your poor knowledge of history on her too ?

went into local fuel robbers this morning, plan was to add enough diesel for the day. pump came up at £15.03. got in the horrendous queue, as only 1 till open. finally got there, gave him a £20 note and a 5p. the cretin had to use a calculator to work out the change. meanwhile 6 queuing behind me had to wait an extra 5 minutes while he got his phone out.i reallly do despair of the younger generation.
If you want to really confuse them... if it's say £9.70 I sometimes give them the odd 20p... I reckon 9 times out of 10, they immediately give you back the 20p !

Clearly you have have something against her... but putting that aside... can you explain how you blame Thatcher for the poor arithmetic of someone who was probably born a decade after she left office ???

It was famously Blair who said his top 3 priorities were "Education, education and education !" and then proceeded to dumb down the education system to make it look like things were improving !!

Maybe you can blame your poor knowledge of history on her too ?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,and some are an era thing...

It is a human trait,to round a collection of problems and woes,in one,"easy to hate" package...when we really know,the truth is always much more convoluted :cool:

Personally,i feel that the bulk of the eighties problems,can be firmly placed on the shoulders of Michael Barrymore....

It’s not all the youth I promise,I have 2 thirteen year olds who have been doing hexadecimal calculations......and laugh at me if I offer any help!....google it!

Yeah ok Egg I agree, but I bet they can't do an adiabatic !!

If you want to really confuse them... if it's say £9.70 I sometimes give them the odd 20p... I reckon 9 times out of 10, they immediately give you back the 20p !
Not necessarily confused Zerax.
You've paid £10.20, so 50p change. If I was on the till, you'd get what I wanted to get rid of, normally smaller change. So more than likely 20s and 10s while I hold on to 50s. Unless you specifically asked for a 50p.

Not necessarily confused Zerax.
You've paid £10.20, so 50p change. If I was on the till, you'd get what I wanted to get rid of, normally smaller change. So more than likely 20s and 10s while I hold on to 50s. Unless you specifically asked for a 50p.
You work as a cashier in a shop?

Shocked........ or is it at an electrical wholesalers..... ;o)))))

Why pay for fuel with cash? Use a card and any penny over nonsense is a non-issue.
Ah.. but you see I use it as a challenge to test out my reactions. If I miss the first rounded figure then I try and stop it at the next. I've often been at a pump stop starting, anyone watching must think I'm a proper nut job, they'd be correct of course:confused::D

Reply to Mathematical Genius..... NOT. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock