Discuss Metrel MI 3152 Help in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just picked up a MI 3152 and just playing around with it. I'm trying to do a fault loop impedance test on a socket outlet in my home. I'm selecting Zs rcd as the circuit is on an RCD and I don't want it to trip. As soon as I hit the test button, I get the error symbol in the top right and that other square icon next to the "play" button in the bottom left and nothing else happens. I can't find any reference to the square icon in the bottom left next to the play button and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any idea?

Cheers.

I'mIMG_20210929_170817.jpg

HI,
Not used one of these instruments, but looking at the user guide, I can see you have it set up for a type C circuit breaker. You said it was for sockets in your house. Do you have type C, circuit breaker protecting your sockets?
Will read further the user guide, see if I can locate anthing else.
Regards
JohnC

battery is low as well.could be the problem.

Hi again,
Found this here:
it is the short guide and on page 6 it shows all the message symbols and the one you have indicates Fuse F1 is blown
Regards
JohnC
Thank you John! I searched through a few variations of the manual and they didn't have that symbol. I just checked the fuse (should have been my first though, doh!) and it is indeed blown. It is a second hand unit so I will will replace and see how I go but I suspect that will solve the issue. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and give a helpful suggestion.
Regards.

I have one of those as a spare and agree that fuse symbol shouldn’t be there.
I don’t usually bother setting the breaker type btw
Mine looks like this pre-test:
4B5E984A-1FA8-4AC0-8D99-3A628DCDAECC.jpeg

Then when you press Test:
07D1A944-80BE-4394-A529-830F66DE9177.jpeg
And the result:

5FE67285-AE47-4A9C-940E-4F982D33E30B.jpeg

Reply to Metrel MI 3152 Help in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
METREL MI 3152 There is a download manual available of the MI 3152 showing over 200 pages in full colour. There are a couple of u tubes around...
Replies
Views
Hi Recently invested in one of these. Impressed! Until... i came to test my 100mA type A RCD. Long story short, it would not test correctly...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve got an issue driving me crazy and can’t get anyone to figure it out as it’s not their issue. We had a new extension, single rear...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock