Discuss Mira shower low flow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all problem with a Mira shower sport. When the customer uses the shower it starts off fine with flow decent and heat good but cuts off mins later with the low flow light coming on, wait 5/10mins and the shower will come on itself. I’ve checked the power connections all well and good and cracked the in coming pipe and inlet water pressure is good. Anyone any ideas what this issue would be, I’m just thinking would be best to replace the whole unit ? I’m thinking might be issue with the flow valve inside the unit as the water pressure isn’t that great coming out. I have had the shower hose out and pressure not the best. My thinking is it’s not letting the water through as it’s not hot enough ? Any info will be much appreciated

From memory on the incoming water there is some sort of filter that needs cleaners every few months. Check the instructions online to see exactly where but worth a try.

Yeah I can try that ?? there is a valve at the bottom of shower cracked the pipe open and turned back on a slight bit and pressure was good. Is the filter easy to clean out ?

Quickest way to check domestic pressure is 6 second jug test, run water full flow into a jug for 6 seconds times the volume of water by 10 and thats how many litres you’ll get in a minute, anything less than 10 litres a minute is considered low pressure from a shower manufacturers point of view anyways...

Up the north of Scotland so water is fine I would think. Have had a look few are saying could well be the solenoid that is causing it to shut off while it’s running ?

Up the north of Scotland so water is fine I would think. Have had a look few are saying could well be the solenoid that is causing it to shut off while it’s running ?
I’d have said solenoid but the low pressure light is a bit of a curve ball...
[automerge]1576612092[/automerge]
Try running it at a lower temp for a bit and see if it cuts in and out still...

Last edited:
Hi guys

I have took out filter and was clean no issues there. Now I tested across the solenoid open circuit ?So now when I press on for shower going straight to low pressure. Does the low pressure light come on when the solenoid hasn’t activated ?Thanks in advance
[automerge]1576683010[/automerge]
Sorry low flow not low pressure ?

Reply to Mira shower low flow in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net