Discuss MK Logic Plus vs Hager Sollysta - which one should I choose? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Agreed. I ended up buying quite a few MK Logic Plus - and the same problem occurs to my switches.

Not really too much of a problem in practice I'd guess - as long as they hold the wires tight. Better safe than sorry!
UPDATED: I've tried, and the screws on MK Logic Plus melt tooooooooo easily because they get stuck (overtighten) halfway and the torque required to move the screws wears them off...

Nonetheless, MK Logic Plus remains tempting for the plastic faceplate is extremely sturdy - does not bend even when I torture it with my hand. On the other hand, Click bends slightly to force.

I'm liking how this comparison is progressing 😁
Agreed.

I received my Click Mode yesterday. Nice as folks describe, and the rockers take little force to operate (unlike Logic Plus / Sollysta etc.).

My only complaints would be their sharp clicking noise, and sharp edges around rockers. For 2 gang small rockers, I would prefer the gangs to be slightly spaced out, e.g. BG, Hager Sollysta, MK Logic Plus.

Also the plastic plate is thinner than the Logic Plus but I do believe this isn't a problem.

Another major advantage of the Click switches is the fact that they're part of their mini grid system.
So you can swap out individual switch modules for a different type of module. Meaning you can have a 2 way switch and an intermediate switch on the same plate easily. Or a fuse module etc.
Oh yes, exactly!!! Totally agree on this, and waaaaayyyyyy cheaper than the MK Grid system.

I'm liking how this comparison is progressing 😁

Now I'm ruling MK out for its notoriously flimsy terminal screws, leaving Hager Sollysta and Click Mode to choose from.

Hager Sollysta - Merits
  • Smooth edge on rockers
  • Rocker shape fits finger very well
Hager Sollysta - Disdvantages
  • Non-modular - no DIY retrofit potential
  • Brand carved on the faceplate (given my OCD)
Click Mode - Merits
  • Modularity - potential for DIY retrofitting
  • Requires little force to operate
Click Mode - Disadvantages
  • Sharp noise when operated
  • Sharp edges unpleasant to hands

Last edited:
Are you doing a report for 'Which?' ?

If that noise isn't deafening, what's the problem with an incisive 'click' for certainty of operation?
Wear some oven gloves if you're worried about hand damage.
Sorry, I'm just trying to express I'm having difficulty deciding, which I didn't make clear of.

Also, Sollysta and Logic+ ain't as noisy as Click. But certainly, noise is not an important factor to consider. Hand comfortability - also unimportant but weighs more.

Now I'm ruling MK out for its notoriously flimsy terminal screws, leaving Hager Sollysta and Click Mode to choose from.

Hager Sollysta - Merits
  • Smooth edge on rockers
  • Rocker shape fits finger very well
Hager Sollysta - Disdvantages
  • Non-modular - no DIY retrofit potential
  • Brand carved on the faceplate (given my OCD)
Click Mode - Merits
  • Modularity - potential for DIY retrofitting
  • Requires little force to operate
Click Mode - Disadvantages
  • Sharp noise when operated
  • Sharp edges unpleasant to hands
To clarify, I'm just expressing I'm still having difficulty deciding. If anyone could help me add to the list of merits and disadvantages, please do so and much appreciated.

Five days and 50 posts already, mate. 🤔

You seem to have tried a few, so it may be 'make your mind up time'.

Watch out, folks, there is a catch with the Hager Sollysta:

Despite Hager claims the accessories to be under "product lifetime warranty", their T&Cs defines it as "25 years from the date of manufacture" - yes, from the date of manufacture. :(

That's cringe.

Reply to MK Logic Plus vs Hager Sollysta - which one should I choose? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock