Discuss MK Logic Plus vs Hager Sollysta - which one should I choose? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Watch out, folks, there is a catch with the Hager Sollysta:

Despite Hager claims the accessories to be under "product lifetime warranty", their T&Cs defines it as "25 years from the date of manufacture" - yes, from the date of manufacture. :(

That's cringe.
I don't see the issue - seems entirely fair and reasonable to me.

I'd assume normally the warranty starts from the purchase date instead (?)
I would doubt it. The defects period when installed would begin from when it's installed, but that's not the same thing as the manufacturer's warranty which could only logically be from date of manufacture in my opinion.

I'd assume normally the warranty starts from the purchase date instead (?)
For consumer protection, yes, but that is normally just 1 or 2 years.

You are unlikely to find any supplier that holds more than a month or two of normal sales volume anyway, so I doubt it will make much difference. Also most parts have some sort of date code on them somewhere, so it is easier for the manufacturer to look at week+year and know how old it is, saves you having to keep receipts for 25 years as well :)

I'm really disappointed with the MK Logic Plus.

Not only that as you all know the terminal screws are flimsy and get stuck halfway through the terminals, the plastic edges are rough and uneven.

While this particular 3-gang below is made in Malaysia, same problems even with the UK-made switches.

VideoCapture_20231027-084208.jpg

Furthermore as you can see the right hand side rocker does not align perfectly with the other two.

However it seems MK Logic+ does come with somehow better plastics than Click Mode. I've got one of each exposed to air and (slightly greasy) fingers for 1-2 weeks (not yet installed but simulating daily use). MK's plastic remained in all its glory, and the Click one comes with very minor wears. Hopefully not a real issue in the long run!

My personal choice is Hager, seem to be the most consistent over the range of all they make.

My only issue with Hager is that the curved profile means the plugs don't sit flush with the socket if you look down/to the side. Really irks me as MK does it the best but have crappy terminals.

I had heard MK had shifted the Logic Plus manufacture back to the UK and the quality had returned, but this thread is giving me doubts...

My only issue with Hager is that the curved profile means the plugs don't sit flush with the socket if you look down/to the side. Really irks me as MK does it the best but have crappy terminals.

I had heard MK had shifted the Logic Plus manufacture back to the UK and the quality had returned, but this thread is giving me doubts...
Not sure if Click Mode does equally great as MK Logic+ in this case? Though I have their switches, I don't have their outlets with me as I'm not in the UK.

I have a UK-made Logic+ and the terminals are still cr*ppy. And a Malaysian one with even cr*ppier terminals - 2 terminals has failed upon installation.

Not sure if Click Mode does equally great as MK Logic+ in this case? Though I have their switches, I don't have their outlets with me as I'm not in the UK.

I have a UK-made Logic+ and the terminals are still cr*ppy. And a Malaysian one with even cr*ppier terminals - 2 terminals has failed upon installation.

I would imagine probably not. The Click Mode has a curved profile at the top and the bottom - MK only does it at the top to avoid the plug being able to rocked about. You'll notice the MK light switches etc have curves at the top and bottom but only at the top when using sockets.

I would imagine probably not. The Click Mode has a curved profile at the top and the bottom - MK only does it at the top to avoid the plug being able to rocked about. You'll notice the MK light switches etc have curves at the top and bottom but only at the top when using sockets.
Oh yes! I just managed to recall that...

Might Click Polar do the job (I imagine)...?!

I'm not a fan of the rockers on the Click stuff tbh - far too square edged. Makes it feel very 80s.
These are what I've installed back home in China over the 5 years of studying in the UK, and I find British switches truly a piece of wonder! Only a shame that any bigger plates wouldn't fit in my country...

I do find the Varilight dimmer faceplates a bit archaic too (like the Click Polar as you said) but I really like it that way, although still a slight mismatch with the Click Mode switch.

The MK Logic+ such is a serious mismatch with the Bull* emergency switch (in this case used just as a keyed switch to a ceiling lamp). I might replace it with a Schneider Pieno one which comes with a similar profile to the MK.

The Hager Sollysta was intended as just a souvenir but was finally installed to replace my failed MK Logic+.

The Click Polar and the BG Nexus are my souvenirs.

Screenshot_20231226_080231_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080221_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080311_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080214_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080135_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080325_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080558_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080244_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_081054_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_081033_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231226_080858_Gallery.jpg

Reply to MK Logic Plus vs Hager Sollysta - which one should I choose? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock