Discuss Multimaster blades in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for blades for my fein Multimaster. I've been using the bosch blades but it breaks my heart when I hit a nail or the likes. Some people say the shark blades are ok but others say they are poop.

Decided to try Shark blades for the same reason as you and used them for the first time last week. Sadly, not impressed - they just did not perform anything like Fein originals, worse than that the cut ting performance wasn't that great either.
So, I'm back to the Fein blades and crying when I hit one of those bloody big cut nails.
PS just saw the other recommendation, will give them a whirl.

Speaking to a joiner yesterday he reckons the saxton blades don't keep their edge as well as the fein originals but at the price he got them for it doesn't really matter much.
my real life road test conclusion is there is not much in it between the fein and saxton copies.
i reckon the fein blades have a bit more length on the teeth but that's it really.

I tried the saxton ones, they're not actually that bad, but they don't cut quite as clean and you can feel the tool having to work harder. I use the 18v makita; try and stick to bosch and seperate good blades for when I know it's clean work, then older blades for when it's suspect material!

On the subject, just how much better are the expensive Multimasters etc, compared to the cheap ones? I have only experience of my own "Green" Bosch type, which does the job, but never seems to go through things like the adverts indicate, despite a supply of new blades and taking a lot of care not to burn them.

I can't see how a vibrating blade could be done much differently, but you could say the same for many tools where it is usually very clear that quality counts for a lot.

Any blade will give poor service if you don't understand the basics of speeds & feeds and that includes drills & hole saws too.

Set the correct speed (RPM) for the material you are working and feed at the appropriate rate (Feet per minute) for said material and you should get decent results.

Any blade will give poor service if you don't understand the basics of speeds & feeds and that includes drills & hole saws too.

Set the correct speed (RPM) for the material you are working and feed at the appropriate rate (Feet per minute) for said material and you should get decent results.

I use the Shark blades and like them. I believe the biggest problem with all of them is people are under the impression that
the harder you push the quicker the cut. You should let the blade do the work with light pressure, also when cutting through nails and screws use the full width of the blade by moving it back and forth in a gentle cutting motion. Otherwise the stress is on about five teeth and of course it's going to fail. Used with care I get hours of use out of them, saving the blunt ones for block walls.

I use the Shark blades and like them. I believe the biggest problem with all of them is people are under the impression that
the harder you push the quicker the cut
. You should let the blade do the work with light pressure, also when cutting through nails and screws use the full width of the blade by moving it back and forth in a gentle cutting motion. Otherwise the stress is on about five teeth and of course it's going to fail. Used with care I get hours of use out of them, saving the blunt ones for block walls.

I agree!

BUT would add that they also think the higher speed you run the tool at - whether a multi-tool, jigsaw, drill. router or whatever - the quicker the job will be done where in fact all that happens is the blade, drill, holesaw or whatever gets knackered quicker!!

AND when working with metal use a coolant / lubricant !!! ;)

And how many people would know that a simple twist drill should be sharpened to different angles depending on the material to be drilled?

Absolutely right!

The "Get out of Jail Free" drill is the "Jobber" which has a compromise cut-all profile.

I think I like you.

You seem to have a good grasp of basic engineering. :)

Reply to Multimaster blades in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net