Discuss Must stop doing this! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest111

Went to car boot this morning and came back with a Megger loop tester and insulation tester,just bought a new mft last week so now got a spare mft as well,trouble was the meters were a bargain and I couldnt resist,maybe I need to get out more?

Nothing wrong with buying heaps of cheap testers. As long as you are ebaying them for beer money. That is what you are doing right ?

I must admit to having a certain fondness to Snap On spanners, they have a seductive feel to them, that King Dick and others don't.
Halford ratchet spanners are quite nice, but they are a poor subsitute for the well turned Snap On spanners.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334499079.023705.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334499154.067387.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334499195.016125.jpgBosch hole saw for £3
Drill bits for £1 each
Bosch wood bits £10 the set
And wera screwdriver gadget for a fiver
Bargain bargain bargain

Just out of interest why was someone selling a Megger MFT at a car boot sale?
Was it someone who had done a Electrical Trainee course, gone to set up as a local electrician and given up on the idea, a spark who had upgraded or no longer needed it, or were they selling a MFT (presumably without a receipt) for a more sinister reason?

Just out of interest why was someone selling a Megger MFT at a car boot sale?
Was it someone who had done a Electrical Trainee course, gone to set up as a local electrician and given up on the idea, a spark who had upgraded or no longer needed it, or were they selling a MFT (presumably without a receipt) for a more sinister reason?

Not mft by the looks of it,seperates,and if i had them and upgraded to a mft id keep them as a back up.i need to go to some car boots.

Where do you live man! car boots near me are rubbish.

Did have a bid on the bay for a 1552, but because the price wasn't climbing as expected, the seller cancelled it.

About 15 mins to go, i'd bid 29 quid and they cancelled it balls!!!

Got a Mgger LT7 last night for 42 quid, with almost a full years calibration. Nice for when swapping a damaged socket or light fitting. Save having to unpack the MFT

Reply to Must stop doing this! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net