• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss My air conditioner leaking condensation? in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico 3000
This official sponsor may provide discounts to registered members

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
all air con units create condensation (Water) from the air passing over a cold radiator.
this is usually collected in a gutter under the cold radiator.

from here it should either gravity drain to a safe place (outside or a nearby drain) or often it is piped to a small chamber with a float switch and pump to send it up to a drain point.

any leaks are normally down to a joint in the pipework or a faulty float switch.

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
all air con units create condensation (Water) from the air passing over a cold radiator.

from here it should either gravity drain to a safe place (outside or a nearby drain) or often it is piped to a small chamber with a float switch and pump to send it up to a drain point.

any leaks are normally down to a joint in the pipework or a faulty float switch.
Had a chuckle at some AC guys who decided to reuse existing condensate lines after replacing the internal units.

They were fixing leak after leak after leak.

They were slowly getting it sorted when one of the staff piped up that they had just had the ceiling retiled as they were all water stained from previous leaks.

Very choice words ensued.

Megawatt

-
Arms
Reaction score
My air conditioner leaking condensation? What should I do? Should I be worried?
It’s supposed to be leaking water out the back of the AC. I’m assuming that you are talking about a window unit, if so you need it tilted down in the back about 1/2 inch so the water won’t drip in your house. All AC’s leak water

Reaction score

Thanks for the information. Will use them as a future reference. The major reason for water leaking of my air conditioning unit is not installed properly, but I already fix it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Will use them as a future reference. The major reason for water leaking of my air conditioning unit is not installed properly, but I already fix it.
/cS DON'T LEAK WATER, The condensate issue needs to be part of the design, pumping it away to a drain somewhere, all A/Cs produce condensation it;s part and partial of the Air Conditioning cycle, not much good sticking a split unit on the wall without considering the problem of condensation is it? There are condensatev pumps you can fit near the inside unit to take it away safely.

Reaction score
It’s supposed to be leaking water out the back of the AC. I’m assuming that you are talking about a window unit, if so you need it tilted down in the back about 1/2 inch so the water won’t drip in your house. All AC’s leak water
Thanks for the suggestion. The major reason for water leaking of my air conditioning unit is not installed properly, but I already fix it.

Reply to My air conditioner leaking condensation? in the Australian Electrician Advice forum area at ElectriciansForums.net