Discuss My air conditioner leaking condensation? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

isit actually leaking or is it atmospherice moisture condensing on cold surface of the A/C?

all air con units create condensation (Water) from the air passing over a cold radiator.
this is usually collected in a gutter under the cold radiator.

from here it should either gravity drain to a safe place (outside or a nearby drain) or often it is piped to a small chamber with a float switch and pump to send it up to a drain point.

any leaks are normally down to a joint in the pipework or a faulty float switch.

all air con units create condensation (Water) from the air passing over a cold radiator.

from here it should either gravity drain to a safe place (outside or a nearby drain) or often it is piped to a small chamber with a float switch and pump to send it up to a drain point.

any leaks are normally down to a joint in the pipework or a faulty float switch.
Had a chuckle at some AC guys who decided to reuse existing condensate lines after replacing the internal units.

They were fixing leak after leak after leak.

They were slowly getting it sorted when one of the staff piped up that they had just had the ceiling retiled as they were all water stained from previous leaks.

Very choice words ensued.

Thanks for the information. Will use them as a future reference. The major reason for water leaking of my air conditioning unit is not installed properly, but I already fix it.

Thanks for the information. Will use them as a future reference. The major reason for water leaking of my air conditioning unit is not installed properly, but I already fix it.
/cS DON'T LEAK WATER, The condensate issue needs to be part of the design, pumping it away to a drain somewhere, all A/Cs produce condensation it;s part and partial of the Air Conditioning cycle, not much good sticking a split unit on the wall without considering the problem of condensation is it? There are condensatev pumps you can fit near the inside unit to take it away safely.

It’s supposed to be leaking water out the back of the AC. I’m assuming that you are talking about a window unit, if so you need it tilted down in the back about 1/2 inch so the water won’t drip in your house. All AC’s leak water
Thanks for the suggestion. The major reason for water leaking of my air conditioning unit is not installed properly, but I already fix it.

Reply to My air conditioner leaking condensation? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock