Discuss Name your tune... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aqua - Barbie Girl & Justin Beiber for me.

Can also be pursuaded with a little bit of the spice girls when the moods right.

I Very highly suspect this is completely fictitious, but part of me wants it to be true!

personally, I can tolerate pretty much anything except classical

i have aqua -barbie girl, spice girls - wannabe, and a couple of justin biebers on my phone!

Neil Young - Rockin' in the free world
John Lee Hooker - Boom boom
Johnny Lang - Lie to me
The Travelling Wilbury's - Runaway
Tom Petty - Runnin' down a dream
Bad Company - Bad company
Whitesnake - Trouble

Soooo many more!!!!!!

'Mingles' on a Friday night! That place heaved! Or occasionally found at 'Banwells' when I strayed a bit far from home! As for the handcuffs, I don't do pink OR fluffy, just gaffa tape!
Don't remember Mingles but Banwells brings back some memories. I battered one of the bouncers from there (not in or around the place I hasten to add)

'Mingles' on a Friday night! That place heaved! Or occasionally found at 'Banwells' when I strayed a bit far from home! As for the handcuffs, I don't do pink OR fluffy, just gaffa tape!

Is that the Mingles that was in Whitley Bay?

And Banwell's was a place I worked at quite a bit. It was under the multi-storey car park that's been demolished. Queen Street, South Shields.

John Banwell opened a place in Sunderland after that called (I think) Chambers. Dunno if it's still going though.

Is that the Mingles that was in Whitley Bay?

And Banwell's was a place I worked at quite a bit. It was under the multi-storey car park that's been demolished. Queen Street, South Shields.

John Banwell opened a place in Sunderland after that called (I think) Chambers. Dunno if it's still going though.

That's the place! Worked the door a couple of times at Mingles, god that was rough! Biggest memory of Banwells was being there when this lot;

[video]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GdNE4TGTGVo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Recorded their album, great stuff!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how to link up the video so it plays on the page :dunce:

That's the place! Worked the door a couple of times at Mingles, god that was rough! Biggest memory of Banwells was being there when this lot;

[video]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GdNE4TGTGVo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Recorded their album, great stuff!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how to link up the video so it plays on the page :dunce:

Mingles was the place that had holes punched through the lath & plaster walls and you had to keep your feet moving to stop them sticking to the carpet.

I worked there twice I think and avoided it after that.

It's gone now - the whole place has recently been refurbished but I don't know what it's to be - doesn't look like a club / pub though.

I liked Banwells - worked there quite a bit, but it had horrendous problems with condensation being underneath an all concrete multi-storey car park & lacking ventilation.

I liked John Banwell (the owner) he was a nice bloke, but I've not seen or heard about him for more than 20 years.

Screw me if I'm wrong, but have we met before?

[video=youtube;aB_G3gmZ0mU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_G3gmZ0mU[/video]

Is that because gaffa tape changes "NO" to "MmmmMmmm"? :biggrin:

mine might be the same.

just downloading the latest flashplayer to see if that makes a difference??

your lass might have to start taking requests.

Thanks for my toon Geordie.............. I've got to download it again on my phone as your ringtone. :tt1: I was thinking of having a glug of your Grants, but I know you've measured it! :26:

Thanks for my toon Geordie.............. I've got to download it again on my phone as your ringtone. :tt1: I was thinking of having a glug of your Grants, but I know you've measured it! :26:

Nee botha hinny ................. gerrit doonyer neck !!!

Maybe try a slurp of me port an' all pet?

[video=youtube;hFZRcmlf-BI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZRcmlf-BI[/video]

That's canny pet .... but it aint Rockabilly mind ................ Oh No - It Aint Rockabilly!!

Nice Tele there - customised with a Humbugger pickup like mine :)

Nice horn section too ...... I think I could have enjoyed mixing that lot.

Reply to Name your tune... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net