Discuss National Service in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Spudmiester

Just a thought, but who would be in favour of the re-intoduction of National service ?

Anyone on here been in the forces ?

Would it sort out a lot of youth crime, and teach respect.

And, if kids want to play with guns and knives they can do it in the army.

Of course it would never happen because of do-gooders, the Health and Saftey gestapo, political correctness, and other such nonsence, but its just a thought.

Talk ammongst yourselvs !

Wonderful idea - always maintained it would be good for the little feckers. I loved my times in the special forces cos we got rolos in our ration packs.:D

cos we got rolos in our ration packs.:D

Bootneck in Norway Cirrus? every marine loves a rolo:D
Compo chocolate .........MMMmmmmmmmmmmm

National service, yes I think it would sort some of the muppets out that are roaming the streets.
Binge drinking they aint seen nothing, compared to a Naffi ****up after a tour :D:p

I enjoyed my time in the green machine; taught me to stand up for myself (took a beating as a craphat & vowed never again), gave me self desipline (without it your'e doomed in the forces), taught me some respect for others & myself , gained a healthy respect for munitions & how to handle them (had all sorts of fun :rolleyes:) , learnt to live off the land & fend for ones self & loads loads more.............do I miss it .............it's been 17 years since I left & yes I still miss the life.

Having said that I do think the NS bods would have to be kept away from front line service unless they signed on for extended service after the initial 2 years national service.

Often said National Service should be brought back. Not that I remember it originally!

Have a lot of family in the forces and yes, I do believe it would sort a load of stuff out. I think a lot of kids these days have no direction in life. Call me an old fart but I truly believe that media influences their desires and aspirations too.

Cribs on MTV. Pimp My Ride. Rap videos etc. All show the same, time and time again. Women, cars, houses, bling. Sure it's great and yeah, I want it myself but it's always portrayed with aggresion.

*Puts his slippers on, pipe in mouth and reclines in his chair after retiring to the smoking room*

Just a thought, but who would be in favour of the re-intoduction of National service ?

Anyone on here been in the forces ?

Would it sort out a lot of youth crime, and teach respect.

And, if kids want to play with guns and knives they can do it in the army.

Of course it would never happen because of do-gooders, the Health and Saftey gestapo, political correctness, and other such nonsence, but its just a thought.

Talk ammongst yourselvs !

dont agree , just finished a 23yr stint in the mob, and EVERY single person in the mob has one thing in common - they chose to do it, and they can chose not to do it anymore.

I am sick of people suggesting pushing people into the armed forces , basically as an alternative to pushing them into prison, which is where they should be.

Doesnt say much for us forces/exforces when we are thought of as the same level as some scum sucking hoody does it?

Look, lock the little bas***ds up, but make prison into what national service would be - a hard, rigorous, harsh regime that NO-one would want to do twice.

put scum in prison
put proffesional volunteer soldiers, sailors and airmen in the armed forces

and stop thinking you can solve this country's problems by putting these two very different groups of people together:mad:

I wonder how many would actually sign up to do more years after a 18 month national service?

Maybe you are right Shakey we shouldnt put scummers/wasters (shouldnt tar all with the same brush) with our brave volunteer troops, but why not use them as remf (I know an americanism but gets the point over) gofers, that way the returning active service troops dont get binned straight into stagging on at camps.
The national service bods could do 18 months on a pittance & then decide if they want to accept the shilling (ok it's a tenner deductable from your first pay) for a minimum 3yrs service & move onto an active unit.

Just an idea

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums.html

I'm with Shakey on this.....scum will always be scum I'm afraid...turning the Armed Forces into a pseudo prison would be a terrible way to treat those of us currently serving. The last thing good servicemen and women need is to be diluted with dossers and scumbags, and to some extent tarred with the same brush.
After all, lack of discipline is what these sh*ts suffer from. They couldn't handle being in a disciplined service.
Send the scum to the Isle of Wight, sink all the ferries then parachute in all the knives and guns they want....that'll get rid of them by the hundred.....
I still say that the rise in violent street crime and loss of respect for elders/betters started EXACTLY at the same time corporal punishment in schools was stopped.....mmmm, wonder if there could be any connection there?

Randyrat

Wait chaps - it is not about getting scum off the streets. All kids should HAVE to do it. This country is run by spineless beaureacrats and the kids of today are lazy with NO discipline and very few aspirations. It would turn out decent young men and women who would have life skills, self discipline and self esteem. But then I am a fascist!

Hi
I think that the law should be changed so everyone has the right to carry a gun ,if they wish ,they should teach shooting in schools and that would be the problem solved ,(after an initial shoot out) ,if somone stabs your kid ,you should have the right to shoot there kids,
200 years ago you could walk around with a sword ,and loaded pistols,why not now?
It might change after the cival war ,i say bring it on ,solve the unemployment problems ,,for a while ,its tradition mankind has to have a cull every so often ,
fu@k it all

I think the reintroduction of national service would be beneficial to society to motivate and give direction to young people who would otherwise have spent the rest of their lives on benefits, rather than just being seen as punishing everyone of a certain age for the actions of teenage chavs.

I was a teenager once, but I didn't go around stealing cars and knifing people.

Sorry to have to be the one that says it....but by the time these thugs are old enough to enter the forces the damage has already been done. It is a product of crap schooling, crap parenting, crap policing, the welfare state and political correctness gone mad.
They are simply not civilised enough to realise what they are any more....and there is no point thinking that National Service could do anything to correct that....don't forget; a lot of these kids parents were no example of how to behave.....

Bring back public naming and shaming...birching and hanging...thats what I say...never mind softly softly...that clearly doesn't work...the last twenty years of pandering has bug*ered the country up.

**: National S**vi**

[q*ot*=*andy*at;9832]....don't *o*g*t; a lot o* th*s* *ids pa**nts w*** no *xampl* o* how to b*hav*.....[/q*ot*]
This is t***, b*t any "*ix" will ta** a whil* to b**om* *****tiv* - i* national s**vi** w*** b*o*ght ba** th* *i*st g*n**ation to *xp**i*n** th* syst*m wo*ld *****tiv*ly g*t a good 't*lling o**', b*t th* id*a is that wo*ld ma** th*m b*tt** pa**nts.

Sorry to have to be the one that says it....but by the time these thugs are old enough to enter the forces the damage has already been done. It is a product of crap schooling, crap parenting, crap policing, the welfare state and political correctness gone mad.

It's not so much that political correctness has gone mad, that's how it was designed to work all along. It was designed as an unholy alliance of Marx and Freud, nurtured by Gramsci and the Frankfurt School and then disseminated into every sphere of human interaction. It was a deadly infection. All our current woes can be attributed directly to and in consequence of this twisted egalitarian horse-sh!t we now recognise as political correction. It's cultural marxism basically and I'll have none of it.

They are simply not civilised enough to realise what they are any more....and there is no point thinking that National Service could do anything to correct that....don't forget; a lot of these kids parents were no example of how to behave.....
Quite so, their parents were the product of that institutional marxism that spread through the ivory towers during the great "Long March through the institutions" in the late 50's, 60's and 70's. The schools, universities and academia in general are still a sink of irrational and self deluding, left wing ideology and they have now entrenched their position to the exclusion of all other. those university campus communists are now our political leaders God help us. They are now the executive power in this country and are hell bent on our demographic and cultural replacement.
These are now (to a man) career politicians. They have never had a real job, NEVER done anything in their lives other than ride the system as they strived to impose their warped perceptions and prejudices on the rest of us. I hate and despise this interfering, duplicitious, treasonous shower of malignant leeches with a passion uncontested. They should be flogged through the doors of the Palace of Westminster into the streets, blinking as they face the harsh light of the godawful reality they've created. We should whip them through the streets to Tyburn Hill there to meet the fate they richly deserve at the end of a long drop to a short rope. I have NO sympathy left for them and they deserve none.

Bring back public naming and shaming...birching and hanging...thats what I say...never mind softly softly...that clearly doesn't work...the last twenty years of pandering has bug*ered the country up.

Well something's got to change, the status quo is no longer defensible. As RR and Easyfox state, the forces should not be used as a sink for the unruly. They tried that with the police didn't they who are now nothing more than a heavily politicised and corrected gang of pseudo paramilitary social workers. I would like to think the the Armed Service chiefs would have the spine to tell this government where to get off but the forces recruitment service has fully embraced PC. I know this for a fact having wandered into our local one in order to clarify a few rumours I'd heard about a satanist crewmember being allocated a cabin on board a serving warship in which to pursue his chicken bothering activities. ffs!

Gentlemen I fear we are generally and comprehensively fecked.

I would just like briefly to visit the subject of Gordon Brown and that risible shower of crisis management butt monkeys laughingly referred to as "the Cabinet" Is there one among them who you would call a statesman? Bottom of the pile has to be that execrable policy wonk David Milibrain who........click!

Oops, looks like I've tripped the R.C.D. - (Rant & Crap Detector) See what happens when I get started into these barstewards? Regardless of their political stripe I'd happily strip the wire from the telegraph poles to give this lot the 'dangley boots'! Oh Jesus I've got a picture of Ed Balls and his grinning thieving harpie of a wife Yvette Cooper forming in my mind...'scuse me folks, I've just got to go bleach my eyeballs out...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was a kid I was caught twice by Cardiff police doing what I should not have been doing.
The first time a group of us were caught moving garden gnomes from one garden to another, we were all given a belt by the local copper. The second time I was caught scrumoing apples, again I was given a thick ear with a copper's cape, when I got home my dad gave me a matching one on the other side saying "if a copper gave you that you must have deserved it!"
To me basic discipline and respect is missing at an early age, too many do gooders and too much for the culprit and nothing for the victim.
Bring back the birch!!!!

National service is not the answer. As Shakey has said, the common denominator is when we joined we did so willingly and voluntarily, we had the chance to get out but we stayed in. i probably would of still been in if it wasn't for a WAFU brill cream boy who ran me over with a landrover

Can you imagine a modern day street fecker with no morals or sense being given a bayonet and told to kill someone but by the way he also has a bigger knife and will kill you if he gets a chance. Most of these little feckers would cr*p there pants if put in a war zone and i for one would not want to be with them.

The problem lies with modern day society and government. We nurture a mamba pamby bunch of political correct quangos who are not looking after the interests of the people that they are responsible for. How can a government justify giving 1 million pounds to a third world country for mosquito nets when there is a 13 year old girl living rough somewhere because she has been sexually abused and is frightened to go home.

The sad thing is, it will not change. We as a nation have always done as we are told, paid are tax's and have followed the rules. We in part nurtured this culture because we did not correct it when it started.

There is a answer

Spark-Doctors Manifesto.

1) Give the country the right to a vote on the European union. Politicians are supposed to work for us, we pay there wages for gods sake.
2) Set realistic immigration levels.
3) Invest in more skills training. If the little fecker does not take the position take away all there benefits and give better tax breaks to employers who take them on.
4) Make parents accountable for their children.
5) Build more prisons and borstals and make them a place where they would not want to go back to ( something along the lines of a military prison). Believe me you would not want to go back to one of these.
6) Give more power to local authority's. Decisions can be controlled better suited to a local community's than through a bunch of quangos in London.

There is more but i have to go back to work now.

Almost forgot
7) Make it law that painters and decorators are "not a trade".:D
8) 10% tax discount for members of a competent persons scheme.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
could allways use the little feckers as target practise or chop their arms and legs off ,hey instant sandbags,just a thought.

Reply to National Service in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock