Search the forum,

Discuss newbie in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

halls1379

Hi

Just completed my 2330 level 2 after a year and half now starting the 2365 level 3 for the next year, just wondered if anyone has done the 2365 and if do what they thought ie how difficult etc also was wondering if I should do my 17th edition whilst training or wait until I've finished my level 3?

Thanks for your time

Hi halls1379, welcome to the forum. There are always experienced sparkies on here for advice, if you ever need help with anything.

Personally if you're able to do the 17th regs course then id highly recommend it. I had a small problem in the way that l started my course on the 16th regs and ended up finishing the 17th, after qualifying.

To be honest im a little confused as l had to wait for a level 3 before l was permitted to do the regs course, as that was the minimum for entry for it. Good luck with the future whatever your decision...

Same as that jabba, I started my apprenticeship learning to 16th and finished with 17th, halls personally I would advise you take the 17th edition after you finish level 3, if you do it before you qualify or you haven't done any of the previous exams I'm pretty sure you have to do a 3 day course, however if you have already learnt to 17th edition by completing your level 3 I'm pretty sure it's only a 1 day course, ( and also cheaper)

you should try and just sit the exam is bout 45pounds the course waste of money about 300pounds or more, and don't do what a load of ---- do and sell your regs book lol

you should try and just sit the exam is bout 45pounds the course waste of money about 300pounds or more, and don't do what a load of ---- do and sell your regs book lol

I disagree with your opinion, but you are entitled to it. i strongly disagree that the course is a waste of money, but i agree with you about people selling their regs books.

Electricians are not thick, but most are practically minded, if they weren't then they wouldn't be Electricians. The benefit of the course is to point out how to find and how to interpret the info that it contains, by reading, and studying charts, tables and god knows what else, to work up towards passing the exam.

I have put over 200 people through the 4 day regs course, and only 3 have failed it, all of the people who have done the course said that they wouldn't have had much chance of passing the exam without the benefit of the course. When the likes of me deliver the course, i have enough knowledge to know what to focus on and what can be ignored. Some parts of the book are impossible to ask questions about, but there are a lot of bankers, and i know where they are.

I sat the exam recently myself, and even though i have a very in depth knowledge of it, far more than is needed to pass an exam, there were enough questions thrown in that i needed to dig deep to find the answers to.

I completed the first run over the 60 questions in 20 minutes, and picked off 35 i knew off the top of my head, then started on the easy to find ones, i was left with 4 flagged questions, 2 of which took 15 minutes each to find. It still took me an hour and ten minutes to complete the exam. I didnt get 100%, but i was into the upper 90's.

For the more academically minded who can sit and study and correctly interpret the charts and tables, do all the calculations, correction factors and understand it all, then they will pass without problems. But practically minded people need some help and guidance, especially when the last time they sat in a classroom or took an exam was a long time ago.

I would put my money on someone passing first time if they have done the course, over someone who just turns up and sits the exam.

Cheers.............Howard

So don't be mis guided into thinking this exam is easy, it isn't. And for what it is worth, the PAT exam is getting much harder as well

Reply to newbie in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net