Discuss NIC welcome pack in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyork

hi all got me welcome pack through the post today, with a nice sticker etc!

things is i dont appear to have the CDROM technical manual, am i missing much by not having this or is it something i can view when i log in to the nic website?

also whats this about application for ecs card (came in welcome pack) in association with jib.

thankyou kindely

the technical manual is usefull to have you should receive it ,there might be a delay as updating it for the 17th i would think.

cheers paul, ive just registered on the buidling control thing so im waiting for an activation code to be sent through the post now, cant order any purple certs till i get this number ( i think! )

so ill have to carry on using green ones till then, also very new to this nic lark, is it right that your just paying for the serial numbers on the software package, whats the best way of doing it, just order a load of certs n that (take it there pre numbered??)

You can view the Tech book online, when you log into the secure area.

The card is a ID thing backed by the jib, first year is free each year there after sets you back £15.00 (i think) which reminds me I need to renew mine.

Yes all the certs are pre-numbered & you pay per pad.
The software that you can now purchase (£300 or there abouts) from the nic, requires you to also purchase blocks of serial numbers, that will then be printed out on the certs via the software.

Me I got fed up with constantly paying out for certs so purchased Tysoft easy cert, added the niceic DI logo to the software changed the fonts & now print off purple certs at will.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i dont really wanna keep buying certs either, more than happy to just print them out when i need them, if i was able to get a blank purple certificate is there anything stopping me printing it out whenever i need to, then buy some serial numbers of niccy and put them on as i need them? are they like self adhesive?

on ecs card thing as well, sounds like that would get me on the bigger sites, not looked at it that much but im thinking with it been jib then theyll find out what quals ive got and just issue accordingly, dont think ill get the gold one!!

again its turning into 20 questions again, i need an assessment for me paperwork assessments assessment, so much bull to read through!

and whats the point in having one Dom installer sticker sent withi it all, bound to want 2!!

i didnt get any van stickers when i joined ,i had to buy em,robbing gits.

lol! you not missing out tho i aint got a technical dvd either!

yeah i dont really wanna keep buying certs either, more than happy to just print them out when i need them, if i was able to get a blank purple certificate is there anything stopping me printing it out whenever i need to, then buy some serial numbers of niccy and put them on as i need them? are they like self adhesive?

Not to but a big bummer on anything but through my own experience and what I've heard down the wholesalers. NICEIC wont pass anyone first time.I had a right chew on with the NIC inspector for North Yorkshire,he's a right miserable ----.Be prepared for everything and learn every tabulated value off by heart.
Im still bitter 3 years later,it was a sad time of my life!:mad:

It was in Febuary 2005 for domestic installer.They might have changed their ways a bit since tho.At the time there was no competition.All the companys that are around today hadn't set up to ride the new get rich quick scheme!

could well of been so mate but couldnt comments as i dont know!! lol
im just gatefull i passed 1st time, scary experience really!

Reply to NIC welcome pack in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock