Discuss old photo's of soho in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Same here, when i had the cash it was off to Frith Street and Ronnie Scotts Club depending who was on. Jazz club downstairs and a packed full blown Disco upstairs. If i was a strapped for cash it was the Whiskey A, Go -Go, or the Flamingo club, (One was on top of the other) which Georgie Fame and the Bluenotes was almost a resident artist. Yes i was interested in Blues, Rhythm and Blues and Jazz in those days, but i was choosey!!.... lol!!

Same here, when i had the cash it was off to Frith Street and Ronnie Scotts Club depending who was on. Jazz club downstairs and a packed full blown Disco upstairs. If i was a strapped for cash it was the Whiskey A, Go -Go, or the Flamingo club, (One was on top of the other) which Georgie Fame and the Bluenotes was almost a resident artist. Yes i was interested in Blues, Rhythm and Blues and Jazz in those days, but i was choosey!!.... lol!!

Come on Eng......Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes.......Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames.

Many a night in Soho when I was younger, shame its changing but its all about money now, my mate just got made redundant after running a sex shop for the last 15 years (I knew I should have stocked up on 14" rubber dildos).

Alan Poulton passed away and his kids are trying other things, Chris Bracey was ill but I think his father was the guy that started installing nears many years ago. Chris now runs Gods Own Junkyard and next to a shop I know there is a new members bars/cafe.

All going to ----, even where I live the BBC Doughnut is being converted to flats/housing.

Seems they are trying to close down Soho and buy up the land to make flats and this has sparked a campaign to save Soho.
The link below shows some splendid retro photo's they are using to get support for the campaign.

Save Soho: Fascinating old photos of the vibrant heart of London's West End over the years

The first shows a coblers shop positioned under a general store. Hope you like them

Thanks for putting that on the forum, some excellent pictures.

It was 2 years ago but the first time I've seen them. So great looking to the way things were.
Taking down Italian signs - who is against the Italians? How about them ladders - give you nose bleeds at the top rung.

It was 2 years ago but the first time I've seen them. So great looking to the way things were.
Taking down Italian signs - who is against the Italians? How about them ladders - give you nose bleeds at the top rung.

Haven't looked too much at the dates , but it might of been a wartime pic when they were the enemy.

Reply to old photo's of soho in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock