Search the forum,

Discuss Party Policies in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

While I'm no fan of Brown I think it has to be said that the current state of the country is down to the banking crisis which was a result of deregulation which was started by the grocer's daughter. Furthermore, had it happened on Cameron's watch he would have bailed them out in exactly the same way so we'd be in exactly the same state.

Found this on the web

Since 1997 the Labour governments of Tony Blair and Gordon Brown developed a programme of better regulation. This included a general programme for government departments to review, simplify or abolish their existing regulations, and a "one in, one out" approach to new regulations. In 1997, The Chancellor of the Exchequer announced the deregulation of the banks and other financial institutions. They freed the Bank of England from direct government control and removed the power by the Bank of England (and therefore by the government) from controlling the financial activities of banks in the UK. In 2006, new primary legislation (the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Act 2006) was introduced to establish statutory principles and a code of practice and it permits ministers to make Regulatory Reform Orders (RROs) to deal with older laws which they deem to be out of date, obscure or irrelevant. This act has often been criticised and called "The abolition of Parliament Act".

You will have to help me here the conservatives left power in 1997 or are Blair and Brown closet Tories all down to Labour I'm afraid

Brown and Blair are closet tories, Blair has never been shy in saying that Thatcher is a heroine of his. Yes it was that administration which freed the BoE from government control (wrongly imho) but any deregulation of the industry as a whole was a continuation of policies started by Thatcher in the 80s which has reduced our economy to something akin to a betting shop based in the City

I don't know, it seems to be predominantly Labour's style, as a protest party - the others try to come up with ideas to improve the country but Labour just dismiss them as unworkable, then come up with a load of cliches to try to appeal to as many voters as possible.

Percentage turnouts tend to vary but always seem to be low. I always try to vote to exercise my democratic right; I've heard a lot of people saying they're not going to in protest at things like MPs' expenses, but I think it would have more impact to deliberately spoil your ballot paper - tick none of the boxes, draw your own box marked 'none of the above' and tick that, write something like 'they're all as bad as each other', or just a rude word.
That is the most ridiculous comment I have ever seen on any forum ever, absolute total tosh.

the yanks had johnny cash,bob hope and stevie wonder.We got david camoron,no cash no hope and no bleeding wonder.

At the end of the day they all lie when it suits them,what it needs is election promises to be contractually binding,i.e a candidate says "vote me in and I'll do "x" " then he has to do "x"within a specified length of time or he gets slung out.It annoys me now when camoron (the moron isn't a spelling mistake btw) says yes we'll have a vote on the EU or whatever it is,after the next election,which we all know he won't.If he seriously was bothered about what the electorate think then he'd have the vote now.at least that way he'd be showing willing and might just manage to regain a bit of popularity.

the yanks had johnny cash,bob hope and stevie wonder.We got david camoron,no cash no hope and no bleeding wonder.

At the end of the day they all lie when it suits them,what it needs is election promises to be contractually binding,i.e a candidate says "vote me in and I'll do "x" " then he has to do "x"within a specified length of time or he gets slung out.It annoys me now when camoron (the moron isn't a spelling mistake btw) says yes we'll have a vote on the EU or whatever it is,after the next election,which we all know he won't.If he seriously was bothered about what the electorate think then he'd have the vote now.at least that way he'd be showing willing and might just manage to regain a bit of popularity.

He'd never get it through the house of Commons - both the Liberals and Labour would oppose it.

Reply to Party Policies in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock