Search the forum,

Discuss Pet hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tomspark93

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Just wondered what people pet hates were whilst working. I'll start us off.

- Electricians who refer to rough wiring as "illegal"
- Plasterers who fill back boxes up with plaster and don't clean them out
- faulty back box lugs

Theres plenty more but I don't want to sound too miserable.

Council pricing policies that are too short sighted to see the logic of pulling in a new length of cable to sort out a fault in favour of sending a gang and a spark to a fault for a week, cutting and testing and putting in a dozen joints which will inevitably go down within twelve months, and keeping no records of what has been done and where....

... and doing four hours work a day,,,, for eight hours pay..... then being surprised that the budget is being cut by 50 %...... and then hoping to compete for new work against companies that operate at half our costs!

schneider easy 9. nothing easy about a CU with no room above RCBOs, Main switrch arse about face, RCDs ( in Dual RCD boards) fed arse about face. i.e. incomer at bottom.

Horrible customer supplied light fittings with a cable entry barely big enough for a single 1mm T&E,or terminal blocks perfectly sized for bell wire.
Also those shaver lights with cabling access enclosed by another cover on the rear so you have to connect it up and replace the daft cover before fixing to the wall - fine where the cable is on a stud wall and you can lose some slack but apart from that a real pain.
And the worst thing of all, customers who don't offer a cuppa. :D

1 Not cleaning out threds on back boxes and just powering the screw in so when i unscrew it the pin breaks off
2 Twisting earth together and putting both legs of a ring circuit in one length of sleaving
3 Dabed off plasture board walls because i can never get a secure fixing to them

Reply to Pet hates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back