Discuss pointless in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's all crap Wayne. I had a job tonight where a shower pull switch caught fire. 6mm cable on a 10.5kW shower with a 40A MCB. 0.02 Ohms on Ins Res test. Cable screwed. Was installed 2 yrs ago by NIC Domestic installer. I checked test results on the NIC EIC form and blatantly tested in the blokes van. What good is it when the results can be fabricated? This bloke could have burnt the house down!

So Cirrus, what you do now is go back to the NIC, and possibly trading standards, and the LABC, who could take action against the NIC for issuing the building completion form

people (and organisations) only get away with it because they can

someone has got to take a stance

The customer is phoning the NIC in the morning but they will simply fob him off. I work as a 'bouncer' in nightclubs and have doene for 13 years. The industry has fallen apart since the SIA took over and the same goes for the electrical industry in my opinion. NIC counts for zero - just a money making organisation. I will not even consider joining them now. Elecsa / Napit is my preferred choice

i reckon thats what the niceic is short of ,decent competition,if elecsa/napit can do a better job for the tradesman& consumer then they need promoting

Reply to pointless in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Do the forums cover electrical systems in the UK, Ireland and EU countries or are they only for US/Canada/North America?
Replies
Views
We are a UK registered Electrical company with a large contract based in and around Toronto, Canada. Are you looking for work? We have a...
Replies
Views
Hello. Millenial here who started electrical apprenticeship a bit too late, from Vancouver, Canada. I am looking to build up skills for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I don't have much experience with electrical stuff but I do have experience...
Replies
Views
  • Article
ANNOUNCEMENT: New Moderator Assigned: @Megawatt (Please congratulate!) @Megawatt has been a forum member for a while now, he's an American chap...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock