Discuss Power Grab? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I can see a little of his points,but as usual,a person's personal situation,can make this more subjective,than objective.

The retired judge in question,will be viewing this situation,from a legal and civil liberties stand point,with,possibly no older relatives,a comfortable and secure lock-down base,and no financial concerns.

Ask a similarly retired,NHS surgeon,or nurse,and you may get a different colour of opinion o_O

These events,are always great magnifiers of the human condition,and allow the conspiracy mongers and students of facts,to mix and match:cool:

I like to think that even Greta Thunberg,would wheelspin the oldest V8 vehicle,running on Panda tears,to get vital medicine to a loved one....

I actually get more worried about people like this and people who start mentioning freedoms and civil liberties. For flip's sake we've got people dying, and the government have put in special measures to help control it. These powers are temporary. Other countries are doing pretty much the same thing.

I really wish people would stop buying newspapers.

Daylight saving and pub opening hours were introduced under simular measures for WW1. It took sixty odd years to get the restriction on pub hours reduced and another 30 more to get them back to something like they were. So I'm not sure I fully trust the temporary bit.

It's a tough one. I've always gone through my life only ever believing what I see...

I know 3 people that work in hospitals and I have known them most of my life. They all said it is serious yet the main hospital (serving some 400'000 people) has 40 cases, all in which are not on ventilators. And 0 deaths...

Maybe it's still early days and the masses are going to flood the place soon, after we all receive the letters from Boris Johnson that he is writing and licking the envelopes together. :tearsofjoy:

Lockdown = YES

Freedom to let roving gangs of thieves do their worse.

... we've got people dying, and the government have put in special measures to help control it. These powers are temporary...

( I really wish people would stop buying newspapers.) ..
NEWS ..Ditto !

May sell papers - but its "Stirring trouble -Irresponsibly "
..and often misquoted ..
[automerge]1585656016[/automerge]
I'm not sure I fully trust the temporary bit.
..I'm sure our connected-ness and socilal "media" will come to our rescue ... Supermarkets made things hard for pubs !

Reply to Power Grab? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net