Discuss Problems with forum use on a Mac or Macbook in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this isn't in the correct place but I'm having major issues using the forum on my Mav or Macbook.
I can't post a thread or reply to exisitng ones.
When I select to post a thread or 'reply' to a question the page never fully loads and I am unable to type anything in.
I've had to dig out an old PC in order to post on here to see if anyone is having the same issues.
It's been going on for days now and really starting to frustrate me.
Anyone have any ideas please.
And yes, I've done the usually restart, updates, etc.
Just keep getting the smae old issue of the pages never fully loading.
Can see in the browser tab the swirly thing to show the page is trying to load.

AAARRRRGGGHHH !!

I normally use Firefox and it was working fine up until a few weeks ago.
I've tried different browsers on every Apple related product in my house and it won't work properly on any of them.
My main Mac has had no updates or anything else done to it that I am aware of, and I deal wiith all the IT issues in our house, though this one is really testing my patients.
It's almost like the websit edoesn't like working on Apple products anymore.
I have to keep darting upstairs to use an old PC to reply to this thread.

The issue is that when i select to reply to something the main box where you type the reply just will not load, and the swirly thing on the browser tab just spins and spins like the page is unable to load up !

Not what I wanted to hear but at least I know its now an issue with my devices.
Just need to find out what !

So I've just attempted to reply to my last comment from my Macbook.
I hit the 'Reply' button and then waited for the page to fully load to include the full comment box.
It took approximately 2 minutes for the complete page to load.

So somethiong is causing the page to load extrememly slowly when attempting to post a new thread or a reply.
God knows why this is happening !

I'm on Linux with Firefox and no real issues. Have you got any special plugins that might be a reason?

At one point the (always rather sucky) Farnell site was really slow to load searches, turns out it was down to uBlock stopping a Google tracker. That, and other reasons, mean I generally try RS first as their web site more-or-less works.

OK, it is less. But compared to Farnell/CPC it is a delight!

I'm on Linux with Firefox and no real issues. Have you got any special plugins that might be a reason?

At one point the (always rather sucky) Farnell site was really slow to load searches, turns out it was down to uBlock stopping a Google tracker. That, and other reasons, mean I generally try RS first as their web site more-or-less works.

OK, it is less. But compared to Farnell/CPC it is a delight!

I haven't installed any plugins recently so that shouldn't be the issue.
This forum is the only site I'm having issues with and only on my Apple products.
Something is causing the pages to take approximately 2 minutes to load.
I've tried a few different browsers on each Mac and it happens on every device, so it's got me scratching my bald head rather a lot!
Heck, I had to wait 2 minutes or so to reply to your comment.
It's just so bloody annoying !!
I hate not being able to figure these problems out !

I'm on a Macbook and iMac with no issues, but before when I have had this sort of thing clearing the cache and browser history has made a lot of difference, under the Preferences tab on your browser, select privacy and select "remove all website data"

Try doing a traceroute (look online to see how) to our domain.
If that shows good speed it's not the connection to us and software.
If that's slow too its routing so some firewall maybe. Try clearing your cache we have been messing with the forums a lot recently.
Failing that I'm not sure what to suggest. Make sure you're on the right forum style too (bottom left corner of page and select copyright 2019 rlectricians forums .net
I'll pm you our phone number

Thinking websites hogging resources ,watch a system monitor.. I remember Maplin website,
looked a bit busy --And ran off with ALL my ram..
(_nibbiling into swap-file slowly-!)Linux Too Mjo.
(Temp. Disabling some of you Extensions/addons as a Fault find tactic.)

Reply to Problems with forum use on a Mac or Macbook in the Need help with ElectriciansForums.net? area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock