Discuss Re: Lock off devices in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Yes I think so,,,although there are differences with the pin configurations. We use the standard size pin out configuration and I think these would be suitable for most standard size single pole breakers. We bought a kit which contained all of the different configurations and isolator locks etc. just to show the students the various lock off devices which are available. I think it was about £60...not much really when you consider the safety aspect. There is a big drive on safe isolation in Scotland just now and I plan on issuing all 3rd stage apprentices with a standard MCB lock off device to keep in their tool box. It is amazing how many Journeyman do not know of the existence of such devices.I was taking a 17th Edition class recently and asked the guys about their safe isolation techniques...insulating tape seemed to be the standard reply...

I used Reecesafety,as they were all I could find at the time,there seemed to be few options.
Also got the "stay out" sign etc

I used Reecesafety,as they were all I could find at the time,there seemed to be few options.
Also got the "stay out" sign etc

Thanks biilybob, thats the same company in my first post and they do seem to have all the bits just that the cost of postage I think for something you can put in your pocket is a bit steep.

Hence I thought I'd have a quick scout about.

They do a little set at Screwfix.....and they have trade counters all over so may be possible to collect and save on postage.

Mini Circuit Breaker Kit - screwflix..com, Where the Trade Buys

I got mine from Neweys, a hager device , I paid about £6 for it and use a padlock from a MK 3 pole isolater. recommended by my tutor seems to isolate any mcb . From the design I thought £6 was expensive but it seems I got away lightly!!

I got mine from Neweys, a hager device , I paid about £6 for it and use a padlock from a MK 3 pole isolater. recommended by my tutor seems to isolate any mcb . From the design I thought £6 was expensive but it seems I got away lightly!!

Hi Jeremy,

When you say a hager device do you have pictures or reference for it?

Hey Warren, I've searched the Hager site for the lock off and cant find it (maybe its Hagemayer and i was pi55ed when I bought it!) but " The fuse Company on tinternet have a similar wotsit and reecesafety do a range. The thingy on The fuse co looks the closest to the one I use and seems to be universal. A bit steep at £ 3.20!!!

Usefull thread, I think by the time youve added on postage and vat screwfix dosn't look to bad. Only thing is screwfix arnt exactly known for quality, but then it's only a bit of plastic:confused:

Can anyone tell me which make of mcb lockouts will definitely work on wylex mcbs? I've been using the griptight red thingies, (black plastic gripping blocks) but i'm not to happy with them as they're wearing out and fairly easily pulled off anyway. Thanks.

Hi

Try the kewtech lock off device its called kewloc its great and only about £15

There sold at any major wholesaler Denmans Wf etc

Electrical Lockout - Work Safety Solutions Ltd
The attached link is good for small order on any lockout devices

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Re: Lock off devices in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock