Discuss Recovering from Covid in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bob Geldoff1234

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I started with a head cold a week last Saturday and by Monday i had lost my sense of taste and smell.I went last Tuesday to one of those drive through tests and 24 hours later i got a positive result text.My wife and I now have to isolate until next Wednesday.
I generally feel ok with mainly weakness and a runny nose being the main symptoms. Luckily my breathing has been fine,with no cough.
I am 51 years old so maybe my age is in my favour.
I have been taking daily vitamin D tablets and multivitamins to try and help and honey in coffee along with paracetamol.
I think i got it from working 5 days before at a nurses house wiring downlights.I don't obviously know for sure but the timing lines up.So maybe she was carrying it without knowing or it was on one of the surfaces.Anyway stay safe guys and keep wearing the gloves and masks.

I'did someones washing ,very cautiously with a Covid +ve child , near teen.
(so much for kids not getting it ) , still all clear 18 days later.
-- In the end I quaranteened the incoming bag . then swapped back on their doorstep.
..before giving all my shopping bags away..

.. Each time my nose drips in the cold I still think here we go !..
Since seeing blood service website !
Stay fit , get well soon.

My wife had those headaches about a week ago. She still has them but are much better. We were unable to do the test as the gov site says you must get it done within 4 or 5 days of first symptoms.

im convinced she has had it, as+she has never had a head ache that/bad or for that long.

if she got it I definately got it, but I’ve had no symptoms at all. That is more worrying than having symptoms as how many people are passing it on without even knowing.

I decided to lock down for a month couple weeks ago so we are isolated anyway. I don’t plan on going anywhere for a couple more weeks.

A bit worried now,
I recently started with a "head cold" couple days back. Runny nose, sneezing, congested, little dizzy... but still have my sense of taste and smell, no high temperature and no cough. So I've just put it down to a normal head cold.

had a scare myself end of last week. got out of bed in the morning (as you do) and could not breathe, gasping for air for 20 minutes or so. felt weak as a kitten. next morning same thing, but sore and swolen tonsils. that swollen that they were restricting my airway. been on antibiotics all this week, slowly getting basck to normal.

had a scare myself end of last week. got out of bed in the morning (as you do) and could not breathe, gasping for air for 20 minutes or so. felt weak as a kitten. next morning same thing, but sore and swolen tonsils. that swollen that they were restricting my airway. been on antibiotics all this week, slowly getting basck to normal.

Hope you get better soon mate.

A bit worried now,
I recently started with a "head cold" couple days back. Runny nose, sneezing, congested, little dizzy... but still have my sense of taste and smell, no high temperature and no cough. So I've just put it down to a normal head cold.
A couple of my colleagues had those symptoms but came to work as no high temperature or lose of taste so put it down to a cold. They were sent to get a test and both were positive. The head cold type symptoms appear more common with the newer variant. If they had carried on at work for a couple of days gods nows how many people they could of passed it to or at least had self isolating.

OK who next to see the doctor. Lol.

Myself and everyone I know had the virus way back in February last year... but all this was before it was a well known thing. From what I have seen, I think a vast number of people have had or still have the virus... as far as I'm aware... the 'official' figures for 'cases' is only a measure of those with a positive test result ? As we do more tests... we'll find more 'cases'.

Every time I see that ridiculous graph of 'cases' showing the two humps... one in April/May and the other one now... that tries to show that there are far more cases now... is a pure deception. It needs to be factored somehow to reflect the testing level that's been done.

Reply to Recovering from Covid in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net