Discuss Recovering from Covid in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Both of us had a persistent cough over Christmas of 2019, but this was with running nose and chest fluid, no loss of taste or sense of smell, so think this was not the virus just a bad cold, but could easily be categorised as a Covid infected couple if you need to manipulate a few statistics, happy to oblige.

I have notice last couple of weeks I started to sneeze a lot and no cold I wonder if its to do with that tha facts of me not known I had covid, I have spoken to some customers and some are OAPs.
They said that they had the jab, me did you wake up in the morning with a extra leg in bed. Lol.

i look at it this way. if you're going to get it and your season ticket has expired, that means your time is up. it's all pot luck. Mrs.Tel's brother and his wife had it. he had mild effects and recovered in a week or so. she was more ill but recovered in 3 weeks.

Vaccination appointment for Sunday morning at the local GP's I am pro the vaccine so pleased about it.

Brother-in-law had the vaccine recently. He works in the hospital.
He said that the vaccine had him in bed for the weekend. He's 43 years old & healthy.
Suppose it affects everyone differently.

I know 2 people very well who have had it, both recovered but felt like they had flu, both under 50 years old though

I'm almost half their age again, so have been in lockdown since March, only going out on Sunday to get my Jab, if the car starts that is. ?

Feeling a lot better and now back at work.I still cannot taste or smell anything but i believe this can take up to 6 weeks to return.I still feel that taking vitamin D tablets has helped me from getting it a lot worse.Its worth everyone taking them.
Thanks for all your kind replies??
Glad to hear your on the mend pal. Both my wife and I had runny nosed, head colds, and woke up a bit achy earlier on in the year.. Couldn't get a test then as I didn't have two of the main symptoms. Makes you wonder.

My 42 year old Neice has had it.
She was coughing for a couple of days getting worse as time passed, went for a test on day 3 and showed positive.
Her husband same age showed positive no symptoms.
My nephew, a couple of years older who lives in the same house as them and has some health issues and is not exactly slim tested negative.

Neice was told to rest and call if things got worse.
End of Day 4 she's in hospital on full time oxygen for 3 or 4 days then was weaned off it over a few days.
Discharged after 2 weeks and only able to walk about 20 mtrs or stand long enough to make a cup of tea.

She's improving but it could be a while before she's anywhere near back to normal.

The average age of admission seems to have taken a sudden nose dive.
Watch out you 40's and under it's heading your way.

My father was the middle of three children, who my grandmother bred over a period of about 25 years. As a result I have 1st cousins both much younger an much older than myself.
My eldest cousin is in her mid 80's, and was taken into hospital before Christmas for some minor, but urgent, procedure. Discharged a couple of days later, and then taken back in again about four or five days later with symptoms of Covid.
Didn't get seriously sick, and was transferred to a local cottage hospital after about a week.
Last I heard she was ready for discharge from there, so, on the principal that no news is good news, I assume she's recovering well.

Hope all of you are getting better and making a good recovery !
It's a strange old thing this covid how it seems to knock some people completely off their feet and others get mild or no symptoms. Fitness and age doesn't always appear to have any bearing on it.

I agree with Tel in respect that it all does seem to be a "pot luck" thing
Life is too short to worry about it, But by the same token we need to try and look out for ourselves and family as best as we can.

Its an often miss understood fact that fitter people can not fight off a virus better than someone that is not as fit, the problem is that Athlete's abuse their bodies when training to the point that most of their immune system is busy re-building tears in the muscle after exercise which does not leave sufficient anti-bodies to fight an infection, I am thankful I'm not that fit anymore. ?

Not every one has all the symptoms if any. You may have had it.
I was ill last Feb, really ill with flu like symptoms which I'm sure was this virus, but at the time I just put it down to a bad cold. I'm rarely ill in general not been the doctors in over 20years. I know of quite a few people who have tested positive with hardly to no symptoms. Then on the flip I have a couple of family friends who ended up in ICU.

Its an often miss understood fact that fitter people can not fight off a virus better than someone that is not as fit, the problem is that Athlete's abuse their bodies when training to the point that most of their immune system is busy re-building tears in the muscle after exercise which does not leave sufficient anti-bodies to fight an infection, I am thankful I'm not that fit anymore. ?
This is so true.
My partner is a fitness fanatic and she suffers with loads of issues related to over training. Over exercising is just as bad and in some cases worse than no exercise.

Really if you think about it, this makes sense. Take a well oiled machine that is maintained regular looked after but not put under more stress than it was design to do and it will run a long time with not too many issues. Thrash it to death or let it stand still and it will inevitable fail.

Moral in the story, it's all about balance.

Reply to Recovering from Covid in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net