Discuss Recycling and bins in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

In Wales we are often behind the rest of the UK in almost everything

At least with the recycling we are getting well on top of government targets
It does seem like recycling here has become a duty that has been taken on board,with willing co operation by most people

A target for 64% of waste to be recycled in Wales by 2019-20 has been met four years early. Provisional data for the 12 months to March 2017 revealed an increase of 4% on the previous year's recycling rate of 60%. Wales is well ahead of the rest of the UK, second in Europe and third in world recycling league tables.

I just dump the rubbish the bin men won't take in the local council estate around the corner, my taxes pay for them so I may as well get something out of it.

The rubbish in the bins needs to be in bags as they are so fragile they can't lift the bins to tip them in to the wagon........
where you living; in a 3rd world village? we have bin wagons that pick the bins up for them. and the bins have wheels so the binmen don't have to lift them. it's called progress. :D:D:D

For years now I've been a really good boy, and recycled my waste as required by my local council.

We had small black bins for, glass bottles/jars, hard plastics, fly away plastics (crisp packets etc), paper/cardboard, tin cans etc. These were collected every week, along with a small food waste bin and alternating weekly general rubbish or garden waste wheelie bins. The largest waste product has been the fly away plastic, and it wasn't just crisp packets; everything seems to come in thin plastic now. At least it was getting recycled.

I'm not a nosey neighbour :rolleyes:, but I've been observing the waste collection operatives recently, and they've been chucking my well sorted recycling into the one truck, apart from the glass :mad:

Now my council, has delivered a new recycling wheelie bin, which everything except glass goes in. AND they are only collecting recycling fortnightly AND discontinued collecting fly away plastic. That goes in general rubbish, which is also fortnightly, and goes to landfill. This fly away plastic will be the end of us :eek:

Mind you, I can see some of those waste collection operatives, getting bad backs if they are only collecting glass fortnightly.

If I take my overflow recycling to the local council recycling centre, like glass bottles for example, I have to pay a fee. It's enough to turn you into a Teetotaller.

What's your rubbish like?

Well its a few weeks in with the new system, not too bad really. Except my household rubbish bin is now full to the brim with fly away plastic (most stop eating crisps) and her indoors has taken to midnight trips with the glass bottles (only fortnightly collection), so as not to hurt the collectors backs o_O

Reply to Recycling and bins in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net