Discuss Rental legislation regarding EICRs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As already stated, if you have a valid EICR that holds.

Even with the change in regulations to 18th in 2019 (and possible amendments that follow) it does not follow that an older installation would be unsafe, which is the issue for anything coded C2 or C1 that needs attention. That is important, though unfortunately to some degree means the judgment of the inspector gets to call on and non-18th aspects.

For interest you can look over the best practice guide #4 here:

Edited to add: Sorry, just saw you are an electrician so know that already!
No worries, thanks for the message.

Just wanted to check how to respond to an old EICR customer who was getting some questions from their letting agent.

Reply to Rental legislation regarding EICRs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Just a quick one I have done many EICR tests with the latest legislation regarding rentals BUT I have had a few phone calls from estate...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon Guys, I am writing up the certs for 3 flats I recently tested for an EICR and wanted to get some opinions on my views. Back...
Replies
Views
F
thought I'd copy this here Hopefully you will have seen the briefing document that we issued earlier this week and we will be following this up...
Replies
Views
flamefix
F

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock