Discuss see anyone driving stupid! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
you guys and gals see many twit drivers?
being fire police I see the results of many pileups, and most of them caused by people driving like idiots. too high a speed, passing illegally or in unsafe conditions, ignoring warning signs, and worst of all driving drunk!
I don't want to see people injured by driving stupid.
please pay attention to traffic directors, we are there to keep people from getting hurt, including those who drive like idiots!
be safe out there!:policeofficer:

you guys and gals see many twit drivers?
being fire police I see the results of many pileups, and most of them caused by people driving like idiots. too high a speed, passing illegally or in unsafe conditions, ignoring warning signs, and worst of all driving drunk!
I don't want to see people injured by driving stupid.
please pay attention to traffic directors, we are there to keep people from getting hurt, including those who drive like idiots!
be safe out there!:policeofficer:
Lived in Russia for 4 years, never seen anything like it, think they invented bad driving.

The thing see the most, and this is getting far worse, is the number of drivers jumping red lights .................. sooner or later my dash cam will see the tragedy happening.

Personally I think every set of light should have a camera, to spot people jumping the lights and also we should have 'average speed' camera's all over the place...
Not many people like this idea as a hell of a lot of people think they have the right to speed.

What’s ‘fire police’ ? Driving in icy contortions the other morning through a village 30mph limit. Little girlie in her brand new little hatch back overtakes me . Absolutely no idea about driving to the conditions.

Personally I think every set of light should have a camera, to spot people jumping the lights and also we should have 'average speed' camera's all over the place...
Not many people like this idea as a hell of a lot of people think they have the right to speed.
No Spoon not more bluudy cameras please, on the lights yes a good idea, but noooooo more Average speed jobbies please, nooooooo

They are keeping the 20mph zones near me. As it would cost 600k to remove old signs and put new ones up. Council cant afford it. They admit 20 has caused more accidents and emissions. The green bit is more important they say now.

Some think they are invincible and that their cars can do what they do in the Hollywood films and on the play Stations.
Unfortunately that is when you get the reports of 4 or 5 friends dying together in one crash because they haven’t the maturity to realise that physics comes into all of the driving experience.
It must be awful to be a first responder to road crash after road crash - respect and prayers out to them.

No Spoon not more bluudy cameras please, on the lights yes a good idea, but noooooo more Average speed jobbies please, nooooooo

Sorry mate but I think there isn't enough cameras.
Too many muppets on the roads.

They are keeping the 20mph zones near me. As it would cost 600k to remove old signs and put new ones up. Council cant afford it. They admit 20 has caused more accidents and emissions. The green bit is more important they say now.

How can driving slower cause more accidents, unless there were muppets driving and tried to overtake a car doing 20 or something else stupid.

better to have more plod on the streets. cameras can't catch bad driving that's below the speed limit.

True mate.
Slow driving can be bad as well. Had to follow a old man driving 35-40mph onto the motorway recently...

Sorry mate but I think there isn't enough cameras.
Too many muppets on the roads.
It would be better if the cameras were in the right place. A3 round Guildford is 50mph. If you drive through there at 50 there’s always someone up your backside flashing to get past. There’s loads of short slip roads and as a result it is regularly blocked due to idiots having accidents. A few cameras to reinforce the speed limit would work wonders.

No more bloody cameras, driver training and awareness is what is needed, and yes more actual police on the roads, most police will let a slight motorway speed infringement go providing you're not driving aggressively, erratically or dangerously.
What do you reckon to increasing the limits say around midnight through til about 4am, the roads are generally quieter, and full of professional drivers at this time?
Take Germany and the de-restricted autobahns... per capita they have fewer accidents than we do!

Take Germany and the de-restricted autobahns... per capita they have fewer accidents than we do!

Maybe the average German drivers have more intelligence than the average English drivers.

You should try navigating the car parks and roads round Godalming and Guildford. The drivers are so elderly it’s like trying to navigate your way through a load of Hexbugs !

It would be better if the cameras were in the right place. A3 round Guildford is 50mph. If you drive through there at 50 there’s always someone up your backside flashing to get past..

Probably me.

People doing 50 with nothing inside them or ahead of them would be shot at dawn of it was up to me.

It would be better if the cameras were in the right place. A3 round Guildford is 50mph. If you drive through there at 50 there’s always someone up your backside flashing to get past..

Probably me.

People doing 50 with nothing inside them or ahead of them would be shot at dawn of it was up to me.

I have only ever seen 2 people run red lights but what I see more often than not, are people who blatantly don't care for speed limits and being someone who simply never goes over the limit I tend to irritate them when I'm in front. People not indicating really annoy me but that's more not knowing what they are about to do than anything else.

Reply to see anyone driving stupid! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net