Discuss Should I do my 2391-52 now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

judd96

-
Reaction score
Hello,
Firstly I am new to the forum so this may be in the wrong category, apologies in Advance. However, I am looking to do my Inspection & Testing/Initial verification 2391-52 course ASAP. I was wondering will there be any changes when the 18th edition comes out, so is it worth while waiting till then or not?

Thanks
Joe

They have changed the minor works certificate. It now requires more info. They have also re arranged chapter 6 the the blue book but it’s all the same info. to be honest if you can do the 2391 then you’ll be able to apply the knowledge to the 18th edition regs just as well as the 17th.

They have changed the minor works certificate. It now requires more info. They have also re arranged chapter 6 the the blue book but it’s all the same info. to be honest if you can do the 2391 then you’ll be able to apply the knowledge to the 18th edition regs just as well as the 17th.

Like what?

If there aren't any changes then I'm not going to bother forking out 100 quid or so for the books.
I did the 2391 as it was changing from red to green, the main reason being so I'd have 2391 and not 2394 and 2395, but the exam ended up being on the green book which I hadn't bothered buying. I still passed anyway so I wouldn't worry too much about the change from yellow to blue.

Sorry for posting two threads I just wanted to make sure I got some replies from whichever thread. I am ready to do it now and want it done. It's just my boss said it might change name from 2391-52 to 2391- (xx) or something similar. He was only being helpful saying future companies might prefer the most up to date, if you understand what I mean. He said he wouldn't look on it any differently when hiring someone but some employers may. Obviously Initial Verification & Testing is always going to be the same process no matter what, just some values may change.

Sorry for posting two threads I just wanted to make sure I got some replies from whichever thread. I am ready to do it now and want it done. It's just my boss said it might change name from 2391-52 to 2391- (xx) or something similar. He was only being helpful saying future companies might prefer the most up to date, if you understand what I mean. He said he wouldn't look on it any differently when hiring someone but some employers may. Obviously Initial Verification & Testing is always going to be the same process no matter what, just some values may change.
The 2391-52 shows you have a inderpimning knowledge of inspection and testing regardless of which BS7671 is out as the testing and initial verification process have very rarly changed. Its the 2382-18 that shows you have a underpinning knowledge of the relevant regulations at the time.

I did 2391 back when the course cost £100 all found. Any time I was offered testing jobs they just asked for my JIB card. Keeping up with the Regs is the thing, As long as your card shows 239X and your. your Regs are up to date you'll be OK

Reply to Should I do my 2391-52 now? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net