Discuss Shutting the building down in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

bartkusal

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all you smart folks, wonder if you can help me.

I am from London worked on job in Southend last 3 days, commercial premises, 400A 3ph.

Had to connect the new 63A 3ph fused isolator to main bus bar chamber, which required to shut the main fused switch to the building, which is broken and not shutting down and needs replacing. My manager spoke to many contacts apparently and it came back that it will take 2 weeks to get someone in to isolate the main head.

Just wonder if there is any better way to approach this issue and get it done ASAP, as client has an event going on and wants it all completed by Thursday next week.

Thanks, in advance

If there is a dangerous situation you need to isolate the supply. Without knowing more I would assume your situation isn't immediately dangerous, but under fault conditions could be dangerous if you are unable to isolate the supply. Surely if your manager explained this to the DNO they would respond quickly. I'm presuming its your local DNO that he has contacted. If he lays it on thick about safety I think you may find they respond quicker.

If there is a dangerous situation you need to isolate the supply. Without knowing more I would assume your situation isn't immediately dangerous, but under fault conditions could be dangerous if you are unable to isolate the supply. Surely if your manager explained this to the DNO they would respond quickly. I'm presuming its your local DNO that he has contacted. If he lays it on thick about safety I think you may find they respond quicker.
Correct, its not immediately dangerous but it is in many other ways. I did tell my manager to go the safety route, but I think he is a bit soft and failed.
Thanks.
This site changed a lot since last time I been here, where the thanks button gone???

I have connected live in desperate times but would not even entertain the idea of a live connection to a busbar chamber .

If you have to get it powered up find the nearest available supply and connect up temporary .

Seems you are the guy who would do anything to get power going... :)
No chance I am considering this option with building 40 years old and spaghetti junction in bus bar chamber.
Still thanks for your help...

Correct, its not immediately dangerous but it is in many other ways. I did tell my manager to go the safety route, but I think he is a bit soft and failed.
Thanks.
This site changed a lot since last time I been here, where the thanks button gone???
Been a while since I was on too. I haven't figured out the 14 ish responses yet myself. It's obvious what the thumbs up or thumbs down is, the rest I will discover in time.

Reply to Shutting the building down in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock