Discuss Sidecutters or Shears ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lofty

So which is best ? I'm old school and have used sidecutters for years but they're getting past it and I want to replace but what with. Should I go with cable shears such as the CK T3963 or the CK Combicutter3 sidecutters which have 1.5 and 2.5 'notches' in the blades.
Who's using what and why ?.

Regards, Lofty.

I use sidecutters but my apprentice just bought CK combicutters and they are really quite good. Thinking of investing in some myself.

ive taken a quick look at the combicutters it reminds of times when i've tried to use sidecutters with a hole blown in them .there are times when you need sidecutters and times when you need strippers this tool won't replace either or both

Hi, The C.K combi-cutters 3 are great side cutters, as i use then quite a lot. They really are worth their money, on the downside the did become blunt fairly quickly which i am only dissapointed. I also have the c.k. cable shears,and also a good tool to use as it makes cutting 6mm cable or so very easy, it only takes 2 fingers to cut through 6mm. Anyway from my point of view, it is handy to have both sets.

Reply to Sidecutters or Shears ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Getting desperate to clear my small garage, and I have a bit of old red/black T&E. I used a few bits to add a socket or two in my flat and a...
Replies
Views
Am absolutely gutted, my Fluke 1587 insulation tester appears it's had an unknown fatal incident. I was doing some testing a few days ago and was...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
So what are your thoughts? Over 100 schools in England closed, 40 or so in Scotland after a building material with a projected lifespan of 30-40...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock