Discuss Silverstone Seats in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm thinking of treating myself, to a Sunday F1 seat at Silverstone. But having just looked at the prices :censored:. Having never been there, could anyone tell me where would be the best place to be where the price is reasonable (don't say from outside the track or on the telly), and you can walk around and see a few things. I prefer a stand seat.

Stowe Corner used to be a good place (at the end of Hanger Straight) but I last went there before they made changes.

Having a stand seat is a good investment, but leave nice and early or go and camp for the weekend

Just get a day pass and a centre transfer ticket. Then you can roam as much as you want. Have been loads of times never had a seat. Atmospher is great, as for the best place to go, try bridge or the back end of track coming out of the old pit lanes.

When I was a kid me and mates used to cycle there n hop over the fence into the track. Those where the days!

You can get it on practice days for free, I try and get a extended lunch break that day if I'm in area. Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Thursday. Sometimes only a few teams in or you could be lucky and get them all there. Security will only let you into one area but still good fun. Bit hit and miss

Just get a day pass and a centre transfer ticket. Then you can roam as much as you want. Have been loads of times never had a seat. Atmospher is great, as for the best place to go, try bridge or the back end of track coming out of the old pit lanes.

When I was a kid me and mates used to cycle there n hop over the fence into the track. Those where the days!

You can get it on practice days for free, I try and get a extended lunch break that day if I'm in area. Tuesday/ Wednesday/ Thursday. Sometimes only a few teams in or you could be lucky and get them all there. Security will only let you into one area but still good fun. Bit hit and miss

Er no, practice hasn't been allowed for a few years. Even Friday isn't cheap these days

Er no, practice hasn't been allowed for a few years. Even Friday isn't cheap these days

Not the practice days in the grand prix week, they ain't been free for years . I mean the rest of the year, most F1 teams are based within 50 mile radius of Silverstone so they do their practices their, grid starts, new engine trials, any new gear they want to test, pit stops. Most weeks of the year you will find teams practising.

Reply to Silverstone Seats in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net