Discuss Small SME,s Fight back who's IN? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

most SME's do not trade direct with China. We buy directly from European Suppliers who stock chinese stuff. The EU has to protect it's manufacturing or it will have none left (a bit like the UK!)
The artificially low price of panels from china is one of the things that has caused such drastic reductions in the feed in tariff. many European and American manufacturers are now going into liquidation or facing liquidation because they cannot compete with Chinese Government subsidised sweat shops staffed by people on poverty wages with no concern for H&S.
And what do you suppose will happen once all those European and American companies have been run out of business by the artificially priced Chinese, well, the price will go up again of course, because then they'll have a monopoly on the market place and can do what they like. And I can guarantee you the feed in tariff won't go up to compensate for it. Then you'll really have something to moan about instead moaning about not wanting to pay a fair price for your supplies. The only problem with this ban on dumping is it's about 2 years too late for us.

China is killing the rest of the worlds industries with it's price dumping, wake up and smell the coffee for chrissake!!
Disagree.

China is forcing the price down to a point where it's close to or at grid parity in a lot of places, which is the aim of the entire game we're in right now, and once that is achieved then the sky is the limit for installations worldwide regardless of government actions - as long as they remove all barriers to installs and allow net metering.

The EU trade tariffs will only result in EU companies being uncompetitive in the rest of the world with Chinese panels, so we'll be left with expensive EU panels only to be used in the EU market, while china goes on to supply the entire rest of the world, and the EU companies end up going bust anyway as they can't survive on a dwindling EU market (dwindling due to high prices and low support).

Compete or die, and if Romag can compete then so can other EU manufacturers if they trim out all the costs that aren't needed - eg solarworld trying to force everyone to pay for their in house design team within the panel price even if you don't want or need that service.

It's shutting the stable door stuff anyway, if this was needed then it was needed 18 months ago, sod all point after half the industry has gone bust, and the other half have mostly found ways to adapt.

As you may have guessed, I don't agree. The price is being kept artificially low by Government subsidy and thats unsustainable in the long term. It's a false market and once the Chinese have squeezed out the opposition prices will rise as they start to fill their own pockets, and once the standards of living start to improve and once they start to bring in more environmental manufacturing processes (if they ever do) the prices will rise even more.

we won't reach grid parity because of falling prices. we will reach grid parity because of rising energy prices. My house is all electric and it's already there if I can get an 8kW system in.

The only way to stop Chinese domination of the market is to protect our own manufacturers by trying to make the playing field more level.

Getting back to the original post I must have missed all the media at tension from Mr barker and his adviser. 6 months on he has weathered it well enough. Can't believe the level of conflict interest.

I am going to be brave and pop my head up here.
Maybe, just maybe, the Chinese government have got things right, and the EU has got it all wrong? (except for the total lack of H&S, where as ours is too far the other way).

Reply to Small SME,s Fight back who's IN? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net