Discuss Stanley Fatmax Organiser Tool Bag in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

The Stanley Fatmax 23L ruck sack (screwfix stock it) might be worth considering - also holds a lot of tools and sometimes a ruck sack is handy leaving two hands free to carry even more tools....
But I have to say the one you linked to looks like a good bag.

The Stanley Fatmax 23L ruck sack (screwfix stock it) might be worth considering - also holds a lot of tools and sometimes a ruck sack is handy leaving two hands free to carry even more tools....
But I have to say the one you linked to looks like a good bag.

I will show him the Ruck sack. I thought the one I’ve linked will allow for bigger tools to be stored in the bottom. I’m not sure what it’s like but it’s not a bad price.

@RDB85
I wouldn't go for the rolling one, they are very flimsy and carp! I had one for about 2 days and took it back, unfortunately utter junk!
Stick with the one you first posted or the rucksack much better than the box!
Sy

@RDB85
I wouldn't go for the rolling one, they are very flimsy and carp! I had one for about 2 days and took it back, unfortunately utter junk!
Stick with the one you first posted or the rucksack much better than the box!
Sy

Right that’s good to know about the rolling one. Some videos say about the plastic being poor. Shame really. The one I linked first, anyone used one? I’ve not seen one on B&Q to see what it’s like.

The plastic is weak the trolley is very flexible and as for the sliding mechanism it is very clunky especially when filled with tools. Oh and the payload is also rubbish!
I originally wanted something that I could put kit in to take into a unit/warehouse so thought this would be ideal, drill and impact driver in the bottom and hand tools in the top with fixings/ drill bits in the middle draw! No
Gone back to the Stanley hard bottom tool bags and my own 6wheel trolley I made about 10 years ago as it's light and will take about 100kg easily with no flex or bits falling off!
These are good bags but can get heavy quickly!

Or this!

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanl...Gy2Ql9LZ-6Va193D4w0aAgAkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Had these a good couple of years and although they look a bit scruffy they are still perfect, even the zips have lasted!
Sy

He said that he’s been looking at Velocity Bags and seen the Rogue 4.0.

They are expensive. It does give him some flexibility. He also reckons he’s found a Tech XXF from Veto online for the same price as the Velocity. It looks massive. I did say I would go half on whatever he chose.

I've got the one you've linked. I've been using it for years. It's a great bag.
I would say more suitable for hand tools, than power tools, although I guess you could squeeze a drill in there if it's not overloaded with hand tools.
I'm sure I paid way more than that price.

By the way @RDB85 I owe you a thank-you.
My daughter's occasionally helps me with a few jobs and is building up her own 2nd fix tool collection.
I quite liked the look of the the one you originally posted, so got her one. When it turned up I decided I'd try it out and I found I preferred it to my rucksack bag, so now she has that one and you've converted me.
The main thing I like is being able to instantly see if a tool's missing, and the fact it props open. As I'm famous for leaving stuff everywhere and putting things down never to find them again I'm liking this and it's saving me money!

I've got the Stanley rucksak and it's great (although I think mine may be a larger model as it's also got trundle wheels and an extending handle?) - can easily fit both a drill and impact driver in there along with all the usual 'go bag' stuff.

Any bag where you can 'stand up' screwdrivers / small tools its best as you can see them. big stuff like hammers just chucked in the bottom. I always wear a small DIY tool belt as this means I have somewhere to put my screwdriver and snips and stops me from putting them on the floor and leaving them at the job. most lads use those flappy pocket trousers but i prefer my cheapo pouch

Reply to Stanley Fatmax Organiser Tool Bag in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net