Discuss supernova & supernova plus in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

frenchie01

hi all
is there any physical difference between the two as i have been offered a supernova plus but it doesn't have red bit on it, it is all grey. does this make it a supernova not a supernova plus.
many thanks
leigh

A brief synopsis of the Seaward Supernova models:

Supernova XE (grey case) is a single voltage tester without a 110V mode or multi-voltage input. It does not have a flash test mode. It's the lightest supernova model.
Seaward Supernova XE PAT tester can test all types of 230V electrical appliances including IT equipment. It can perform the following tests: ‘hard’ earth bond test, ‘soft’ earth bond test, insulation tests @ 250V and 500V, earth leakage test, substitute earth leakage test, touch leakage test, IEC lead test and operational 0-4kVA run test @230V, plus it has a memory which can store up to 2400 (later models 5000) results in non-volatile flash memory. It has a download ability to a PC and connects to a barcode scanner and Test’n’Tag test/barcode label printer. Full qwerty keyboard with fast keys, graphics display and real time clock. Accurate earth bond and leakage measurements are assured even when there are multiple earth paths. Software programmable user interface allows individual users to tailor the amount of assistance required to suit varying levels of PAT expertise. Auto testcode generation and can connect to an external modem. Integrates with the Seaward PAT Guard Electrical Safety Testing Software.

Supernova (grey case) can test all types of 230V and 110V power tools and electrical appliances including IT equipment. It can perform the following tests: ‘hard’ earth bond test, ‘soft’ earth bond test, insulation tests @ 250V and 500V, earth leakage test, substitute earth leakage test, touch leakage test, flash tests @1.5kVac and 3kVac, IEC lead test and operational 0-4kVA run test @110V and 230V, plus it has a memory which can store up to 2400 (later models 5000) results in non-volatile flash memory. It has a download ability to a PC and connects to a barcode scanner and Test’n’Tag test/barcode label printer. Full qwerty keyboard with fast keys, graphics display and real time clock. Accurate earth bond and leakage measurements are assured even when there are multiple earth paths. Software programmable user interface allows individual users to tailor the amount of assistance required to suit varying levels of PAT expertise. Auto testcode generation and can connect to an external modem. Integrates with the Seaward PAT Guard Electrical Safety Testing Software.

Supernova Plus (grey case) added the following features to the Supernova, an extra serial port (via a 1 to 2 port adapter) to allow bar code scanner and Test‘n’Tag printer to be used together, automatic generation of appliance ID, 10x quicker download speed, the ability to write/read to external Brain Cells RFID tags, an earth lead limit calculator, a single screen visual test and in-line testing and can connect to an external modem.

Supernova Elite (grey case and red keyboard) added RCD testing and an internal modem to the features of the Supernova Plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to supernova & supernova plus in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net