Discuss temp supplies. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

KNIPEX

quick question for you guys, im putting in a temp supply to a cabin on a construction site.

its a combind office/mess room container/cabin, type building. the board in there is rcd protected, so the sockets are covered etc.

however the cable supplying the cabin will be a swa fed from an office block and from a local distribution board,

there is no need to have this cable rcd protected is there, it is a construction site but the cable is out of the way of all groundworks.

thanks for your help.

Errrr........yes I think it does need RCD protection. Even if it diddnt, I would put it on one anyway.

There was one instance a good 15 years back, where a site cabin was sat on its non RCD protected supply cable, and over the duration of the job the cable wore through, broke the earth conductor within the cable (Dont know how) and eventually livened up the cabin. Some bloke came in for his tea break and went out in a wooden overcoat! Electrocuted by the door handle.

Its up to you.

Reply to temp supplies. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just looking for advice. Ive been to look at a Fire alarm install job. While checking where i will take my supply from. 3 phase sub board, i...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to provide a quote for a supply to an toilet block on a campsite. The three phase supply to the campsite is approx. 150m from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock