Discuss Terminal Identification in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Big_Nige

Hi guys :)

Can someone identify the terminals in the photos below, are they DIN?

I want to replace a set of LNE terminals in this row with a set with larger capacity. Any ideas where I can get some?

Terminal Identification {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hey Nige.

All these connectors are different but they have the same din rail mounting. Do your new ones need to have the same wire terminals or just the rail clips??
Wire Connection*:*DIN Rail Mount Connectors

Ideally I'd like them to be identical, so I guess I'll have to find out who made them. At least now I know what to ask for, thanks.

Mike: they are just terminal blocks, which happen to hang on a DIN rail (as found inside a Consumer Unit). Essentially just chocolate blocks, but with better identification and mounting.

Hey Mike.

Like Nige said we use them because they are better than normal connectors. I use them a lot on commercial heating jobs where those small domestic central heating J/B's just arent big enough.

It's a lot safer/neater than having a load of normal connectors floating round in a poly box.

Any ideas who this is made by?
Hi Nige,
Hope I'm not about to teach you to suck eggs :eek:but here goes anyway;...
Unfortunately i don't recognise these by sight, Various terminal manufacturers include; Weidmuller, Wago, Pheonix, contactum etc it depends on who your wholesaler stocks, the sizes refer to the maximum cable csa(so2.5 terms can take a maximum of 2.5mm2. If you replace these terminals for larger capacity they are likely to be wider & therefore take more space up on the rail ~ you could end up having to replace the rail also. DIN rail refers to different types & sizes of rail; the particular type that your terminals are mounted on is TS35 or "top-hat"

If you do replace the terminals don't get the blue ones because control industry standard denote these as being for I.S. equipment (Barriers etc), also make sure that you get the appropriate end [plates & end stops.

Sorry again if you knew all this; hey you could always send you're Grandma round I'll teach her a thing or two:rolleyes: .................... And not in a little britain way!!!:eek:

Regards Gaz..

DIN rail refers to different types & sizes of rail; the particular type that your terminals are mounted on is TS35 or "top-hat"

Now that I didn't know, thank you.

The reason I want to know who made them, is that I need to replace just one on the rail.

I could probably find another make that would fit, but I'm way too obsessive for that :eek:

Either wiedmuller or klippon terminals.

They look like 2.5 terminals.

Just tell who ever your ordering them from is that they are for top hat din rail and you want an end piece.

I could probably find another make that would fit, but I'm way too obsessive for that :eek:

Not obsessive just conciencious:D

Have you tried removing (temporarily) one of the earth terminals, as they are usually/generally double sided it may have the manufacturer on t'outher side.

Either wiedmuller or klippon terminals.

Same thing, & I doubt it as they would say so

They look like 2.5 terminals.

The 2.5N gives the game away:D

Last edited:
Not obsessive just conciencious:D

Have you tried removing (temporarily) one of the earth terminals, as they are usually/generally double sided it may have the manufacturer on t'outher side.

This is the best photo I could get:

I could do a higher-res image of any part of it if that would help. The bit at the bottom could be a manufacturer, but I can't read it, even after playing with Photoshop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm Could be phoenix but too fuzzy to tell.

I suppose you have checked elsewhere within the panel(?) for a spare unused terminal that you could either swap or take into a wholesaler?

Hmmm Could be phoenix but too fuzzy to tell.

Bingo! I was trying to read it as a single word, now I see there is a logo, see below:

I should have guessed it would be Phoenix Contacts, as the end brackets are made by them (although a different shape) - these are the Clipfix 35 range:

Now all I have to do is find out which range these are from.

Ideally I'd like them to be identical, so I guess I'll have to find out who made them. At least now I know what to ask for, thanks.

Mike: they are just terminal blocks, which happen to hang on a DIN rail (as found inside a Consumer Unit). Essentially just chocolate blocks, but with better identification and mounting.

Firstly welcome along, the look like Weidmuller terminals to me guess im about 50% confident. I have some terminal books here ill try and find out for sure :)

Now i look a pratt didn't read all the posts did I sorry guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly welcome along, the look like Weidmuller terminals to me guess im about 50% confident. I have some terminal books here ill try and find out for sure :)

Now i look a pratt didn't read all the posts did I sorry guys

Nah, no one is a Pratt when they are trying to help.
The only pratts are those that purposely mislead:mad:

Reply to Terminal Identification in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock