Discuss The Nice Attack And Terrorism - Politics in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please note that this post and the 6 posts that follow it were relocated from another thread that was offering sympathies to the victims of the Nice attack. Apologies for any confusion but I though it more respectful to discuss the politics in a new thread. Thanks - Marvo.

Its a sad world we live in. Unfortunately doesn't need a political or religious organisation to sway a conscientious mind, those more mentally challenge get caught up in their euphoria and we are where we are. Nothing changes, just more innocents lose their lives. Seems Man's inhumanity to Man, has no boundaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nice Attacks

Until this is tackled head on, it will continue. Regardless of what people want to admit to themselves, this is a muslim problem, where these murderous *******s subscribe to the interpretation that everyone who doesn't follow exactly the same rules as they do, must be murdered. The governments must take note of this. All you ever hear is people saying its a tiny minority of Muslims, it's a peaceful religion etc. but they don't do enough to combat the issue, and even after knowing that some of the Paris and Brussels terrorists came through as refugees, they still let them in with no checks.

Until this is tackled head on, it will continue. Regardless of what people want to admit to themselves, this is a muslim problem, where these murderous *******s subscribe to the interpretation that everyone who doesn't follow exactly the same rules as they do, must be murdered. The governments must take note of this. All you ever hear is people saying its a tiny minority of Muslims, it's a peaceful religion etc. but they don't do enough to combat the issue, and even after knowing that some of the Paris and Brussels terrorists came through as refugees, they still let them in with no checks.

Genuine question, what do you honestly think the solution is? the same sort of thing was being said about the Jewish People, not Terrorism I agree the supposed problem was more a financial one,

Care is going to be needed whatever route the Governments take.

Last edited:

I also have a serious genuine question how long until these attacks are happening across cities in the uk,,
London ( Again ), Birmingham, Sheffield ,Manchester etc etc .
One thing I wil say is that for a so called minority they are having a pretty big impact.

It is not a Muslim problem, it is a terrorist problem. Terrorism is not unique to the people who follow Islam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joined-up anti terrorism services goes some way towards combatting the problem:
BBC Radio 4 - From Our Home Correspondent, 17/07/2016
01:25 to 08:20
Personally, I'd approve of increased surveillance of the population if it helps to foil mass murder on the scale we've seen over the past few months in France.

Also worth a listen: 13:00-18:10.

Last edited:

So how do you think we should attack this problem head on?

It is not a Muslim problem, it is a terrorist problem. Terrorism is not unique to the people who follow Islam.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, terrorism is not unique to those who follow Islam, I didn't say it was. But this current collection of atrocities are all perpetrated by Muslims, and there are no other groups committing mass murder. So by the continuing refusal to admit that it is a particular problem around certain Muslims, you're letting it happen.

Let's look at the groups committing mass murder of as many civilians as possible. Jemaah Islamiyaj, ISIS, al Qaeda, boko haram, ppk. They all have something in common... The Ira, eta and the like are terrorists, their actions were primarily designed to cause disruption and they nearly always have bomb warnings. The lot mentioned above are not terrorists, they are mass murderers, driven by their understanding of Islam. It is as simple as that.

Genuine question, what do you honestly think the solution is? the same sort of thing was being said about the Jewish People, not Terrorism I agree the supposed problem was more a financial one,

Care is going to be needed whatever route the Governments take.

Most of the radicalisation goes on in three arenas. Prisons, mosques and online. The third option is difficult to police, but the first two are very simple, although the powers that be are two weak, and too terrified of being called racist that they won't crack down on it.

As for terrorism coming in to the country, that comes with effective and stringent border control. The precise reason that France and Belgium have such issues are due to the fact that any terrorists coming from Africa or the Middle East, only have to get on a boat, and they'll be taken to Europe where they have free reign. It's a complete shambles.

Re: The Nice Attack And Terrorism

Until this is tackled head on, it will continue. Regardless of what people want to admit to themselves, this is a muslim problem, where these murderous *******s subscribe to the interpretation that everyone who doesn't follow exactly the same rules as they do, must be murdered.
If it was a blanket belief of all Muslims that 'everyone who doesn't follow exactly the same rules as they do, must be murdered' there would be hundreds of attacks and thousands of deaths on UK soil every month given that the Muslim population in the UK is close to 3 million.

The governments must take note of this. All you ever hear is people saying its a tiny minority of Muslims, it's a peaceful religion etc. but they don't do enough to combat the issue, and even after knowing that some of the Paris and Brussels terrorists came through as refugees, they still let them in with no checks.
The refugees are predominantly from areas the UK/NATO/US has been involved in military actions against in the last couple of decades. Every time a country is laid to waste or a regime change is forced by military action from the West it's a foregone conclusion there will be an influx of refugees into Europe and the UK.

No, terrorism is not unique to those who follow Islam, I didn't say it was. But this current collection of atrocities are all perpetrated by Muslims, and there are no other groups committing mass murder. So by the continuing refusal to admit that it is a particular problem around certain Muslims, you're letting it happen.

Let's look at the groups committing mass murder of as many civilians as possible. Jemaah Islamiyaj, ISIS, al Qaeda, boko haram, ppk. They all have something in common... The Ira, eta and the like are terrorists, their actions were primarily designed to cause disruption and they nearly always have bomb warnings. The lot mentioned above are not terrorists, they are mass murderers, driven by their understanding of Islam. It is as simple as that.

I am not refusing to admit that the people responsible are Muslim, I am just stating that it is not a Muslim problem.

I'm not sure exactly how terrorism is defined, and I don't think there is any difference between this incarnation of it and mass murder.

I'm sure there is a bit more to it than them being driven by their understanding (or I think more accurately misunderstanding) of Islam, there will certainly be an element of the leaders of the movements manipulating the people carrying out the atrocities.

And then there is the age old of problem of who threw the first stone?

I don't think it is as simple as anything, the problem is a lot more complex than just blaming it on a particular religion.

Its a sad world we live in. Unfortunately doesn't need a political or religious organisation to sway a conscientious mind, those more mentally challenge get caught up in their euphoria and we are where we are. Nothing changes, just more innocents lose their lives. Seems Man's inhumanity to Man, has no boundaries.
Don't know quite what's going on here Dan, but I didn't actually start this thread, my post above was a response to someone else's, think it might have been uksparks (Nice Attacks), as you can tell as it doesn't actually as a question or invite a response? Don't mind, but thought I should point that out.

Last edited:
Don't know quite what's going on here Dan, but I didn't actually start this thread, my post above was a response to someone else's, think it might have been uksparks (Nice Attacks), as you can tell as it doesn't actually as a question or invite a response? Don't mind, but thought I should point that out.

See post 8 - Looks like MARVO has split the original thread into two to keep one for condolences and one for discussions IE the religious or political nature of the attack.

See post 8 - Looks like MARVO has split the original thread into two to keep one for condolences and one for discussions IE the religious or political nature of the attack.
But my post, which is headlining this thread, was a response of condolence for the Nice Attack, about #3.

I can only apologise for the confusion is because I started a new thread and moved several posts. The forum software always shows posts in chronological order so it looks like you started the thread Midwest. My thinking was that the other thread was started as condolences so I thought it more respectful for politics to be discussed elsewhere.
But my post, which is headlining this thread, was a response of condolence for the Nice Attack, about #3.
I'm afraid your post that's now the first in this thread was more along political food for thought rather that expressing sympathies. I'll edit the post to inform everyone that it was relocated from elsewhere.

Last edited:

If it was a blanket belief of all Muslims that 'everyone who doesn't follow exactly the same rules as they do, must be murdered' there would be hundreds of attacks and thousands of deaths on UK soil every month given that the Muslim population in the UK is close to 3 million.

Nonsense. The murderous cults generally subscribe to the wahabi interpretation of islam. It started in Saudi, and while the Saudis don't run around blowing people up abroad (although they do carry out public executions and decapitations), it is the belief and will of people like Isis to cause "hundreds of attacks and thousands of deaths" and I think there would be far more if they had their choice. We're massively protected by being an island, though, and even though we're still subject to freedom of movement, everyone has to go through passport control to get here.

The refugees are predominantly from areas the UK/NATO/US has been involved in military actions against in the last couple of decades. Every time a country is laid to waste or a regime change is forced by military action from the West it's a foregone conclusion there will be an influx of refugees into Europe and the UK.

The last couple of decades!! Mate, you're talking nonsense. This is a phenomenon that didn't exist 4 years ago. And although Iraq started this mess, it was the Arab Spring uprisings that all the liberals celebrated, that have led to this mess. That said, a huge amount are economic migrants, especially all those that get on boats from Turkey.

Nonsense. The murderous cults generally subscribe to the wahabi interpretation of islam. It started in Saudi, and while the Saudis don't run around blowing people up abroad (although they do carry out public executions and decapitations), it is the belief and will of people like Isis to cause "hundreds of attacks and thousands of deaths" and I think there would be far more if they had their choice. We're massively protected by being an island, though, and even though we're still subject to freedom of movement, everyone has to go through passport control to get here.
We're arguing the same thing then, it was you that proclaimed it's a 'Muslim problem'..... suggesting all Muslims.

The last couple of decades!! Mate, you're talking nonsense. This is a phenomenon that didn't exist 4 years ago. And although Iraq started this mess, it was the Arab Spring uprisings that all the liberals celebrated, that have led to this mess. That said, a huge amount are economic migrants, especially all those that get on boats from Turkey.
The reason there's so many economic migrants from Turkey is because Turkey has been flooded with millions of refugees from Iraq and Syria which is causing massive economic strain on the country. Iraqi refugees were mainly due to leveling of their country and the power vacuum left by allied forces and Syrian refugees are largely due to the Syrian Civil War that's being stoked by ....you guessed it...US Britain and France. Like I said if you want to reduce refugees and migrants maybe stop invading and playing power games in those countries. You can't have your cake and eat it I'm afraid.

I'm liking the French more and more everyday.
Agree with them through and through, the "Burkini" is NOT just a wetsuit, its a politicised 2 finger salute to all and sundry and breaches French rules on hygiene (also why Boardshorts are forbidden in most French pools)

Now they are blockading Calais till the govt do something about the "jungle" rather than make pleasant sounding noises. Personally I'd build an asylum reception centre on South Georgia (that lonely island near the Falklands) - Perfectly safe (well unless you annoy the avians), just a little cold but still British Territory. Anyone caught trying to smuggle themself into Britain would be photographed, fingerprinted, marked for future identification (incase of future attempts) interred and deported.

You can't be THAT desperate for asylum if you walk through umpteen safe places. its a safe haven, not a Thomas Cook catalogue.

This country has an integration problem and its mainly the Pakistani / Bangladeshi community - Pakistani gangs preying on white girls, organised insurance scams (cash for crash, nearly all Asian gangs), Stolen cars being rung through a collection of Muslim owned garages (seemingly Keighley has seen more than a few very very hot cars cycle around certain garages with plates chasing and cars vanishing as soon as plod shows any interest then reappearing a few months later with new plates again or just plain vanish), creation of 3rd world enclaves, "schools" being setup that don't meet anywhere near the standards and teach kids values that run contrary to Britain 2016, plenty with tenuous loyalty to the UK at most. Not to mention the majority that look at white women dressed normally as if they were ------ / dressing abnormally.

Overdue to revoke the passports of those who have dual nationality,

True story - The wife did the Life in the UK Test (she's Canadian) she and a woman from Kenya were the ONLY 2 out of ~15 who could speak English anywhere near coherently. The rest were Pakistani and Bangladeshi women, several of who tried to bring relatives in, some had notes hidden and at least 2 had to be separated as the invigilator caught them whispering in Urdu during the test. Several couldn't even understand "remove your jackets and place them on the rack over there" (with the invigilator pointing at the rack) Seemingly this was a tame day from talking to the reception staff later.

Along with the BBC that is split between being Pro-Trump and Pro-Jihadist (no interviews with French people to see why the "burkini ban" is generally supported in France, just "interviews" with random Muslim activists about how terrible and oppressive it is) So much for impartiality.

Not to mention the Post Office shutting down offices en-masse and replacing them with branches solely within Asian run stores - no consultation done and no public tender. Service goes down "I cannot take this", "this will cost extra" etc without justification.

Don't get me started on Black Lives matter UK at London City Airport. - Sod 5 hours of negotiation...they would have gotten 30 SECONDS to unlock themselves or the stihlsaw would have been out and I wouldn't have been overly careful where I was making the cuts...after 1 or 2 lost hands...I think the rest would have found keys sharpish....that or ----ed the lot of them and their stupid pyramid into the Thames.

T
I'm liking the French more and more everyday.
Agree with them through and through, the "Burkini" is NOT just a wetsuit, its a politicised 2 finger salute to all and sundry and breaches French rules on hygiene (also why Boardshorts are forbidden in most French pools)

Now they are blockading Calais till the govt do something about the "jungle" rather than make pleasant sounding noises. Personally I'd build an asylum reception centre on South Georgia (that lonely island near the Falklands) - Perfectly safe (well unless you annoy the avians), just a little cold but still British Territory. Anyone caught trying to smuggle themself into Britain would be photographed, fingerprinted, marked for future identification (incase of future attempts) interred and deported.

You can't be THAT desperate for asylum if you walk through umpteen safe places. its a safe haven, not a Thomas Cook catalogue.

This country has an integration problem and its mainly the Pakistani / Bangladeshi community - Pakistani gangs preying on white girls, organised insurance scams (cash for crash, nearly all Asian gangs), Stolen cars being rung through a collection of Muslim owned garages (seemingly Keighley has seen more than a few very very hot cars cycle around certain garages with plates chasing and cars vanishing as soon as plod shows any interest then reappearing a few months later with new plates again or just plain vanish), creation of 3rd world enclaves, "schools" being setup that don't meet anywhere near the standards and teach kids values that run contrary to Britain 2016, plenty with tenuous loyalty to the UK at most. Not to mention the majority that look at white women dressed normally as if they were ------ / dressing abnormally.

Overdue to revoke the passports of those who have dual nationality,

True story - The wife did the Life in the UK Test (she's Canadian) she and a woman from Kenya were the ONLY 2 out of ~15 who could speak English anywhere near coherently. The rest were Pakistani and Bangladeshi women, several of who tried to bring relatives in, some had notes hidden and at least 2 had to be separated as the invigilator caught them whispering in Urdu during the test. Several couldn't even understand "remove your jackets and place them on the rack over there" (with the invigilator pointing at the rack) Seemingly this was a tame day from talking to the reception staff later.

Along with the BBC that is split between being Pro-Trump and Pro-Jihadist (no interviews with French people to see why the "burkini ban" is generally supported in France, just "interviews" with random Muslim activists about how terrible and oppressive it is) So much for impartiality.

Not to mention the Post Office shutting down offices en-masse and replacing them with branches solely within Asian run stores - no consultation done and no public tender. Service goes down "I cannot take this", "this will cost extra" etc without justification.

Don't get me started on Black Lives matter UK at London City Airport. - Sod 5 hours of negotiation...they would have gotten 30 SECONDS to unlock themselves or the stihlsaw would have been out and I wouldn't have been overly careful where I was making the cuts...after 1 or 2 lost hands...I think the rest would have found keys sharpish....that or ****ed the lot of them and their stupid pyramid into the Thames.
The obvious reason why they were not shifted a bit more swiftly is because the looney left fringes would have been up in arms and playing the race card. Would have been a different matter if it was dads against access rights or something.

Reply to The Nice Attack And Terrorism - Politics in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock