Discuss The Vets and Inevitable in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I know this is an old thread but just thought I'd share. Last night I had to make the decision to put my golden retriever to sleep. I kind of inherited her after my mum passed away last year. She was my mums loyal companion for 10 years and mine for 1. I'm devastated to be honest and it seems worse than losing my mother. Obviously it's not but I suppose it's another link between me and her gone. I've to tell my daughter when she comes home from school and I'm dreading it. That's life I suppose. As you get older you lose things important to you.

I know this is an old thread but just thought I'd share. Last night I had to make the decision to put my golden retriever to sleep. I kind of inherited her after my mum passed away last year. She was my mums loyal companion for 10 years and mine for 1. I'm devastated to be honest and it seems worse than losing my mother. Obviously it's not but I suppose it's another link between me and her gone. I've to tell my daughter when she comes home from school and I'm dreading it. That's life I suppose. As you get older you lose things important to you.
Sorry to hear that Nolnoc.

We all love our pets regardless if we are dog lovers, cat lovers, bird lovers etc etc etc. The time has come to make a decision on this one.....

Our lovely cat Jade went to the Vets yesterday and has been diagnosed with a Tumor in her mouth! She is 16 1/2 years old and still acts like a teenager lol (daft as a brush and looks like one).

Options= "A very abrasive operation" to remove half of her jaw to remove the Tumor/s.

Leave her be whilst on pain killers every day and let it take it's course.

We would never allow that amount of pain and suffering upon any animal, so it wont happen on our own cat.

Timescale, we have no idea. Could be a month or a year but in the mean time she will be treated to fish from the chippy (of cuts like always), Tuna from a tin every week, fresh salmon when customers pay up on time.

We have all been through this type of thing I'm sure. What are you memories? Hope after the hard times the good memories came flooding in.

Good bless Jade.
Our Moggy RAMBO got sick, he was bitten by something and it turned life threatening, no cure, nadda, two options prolong some sort of life with medication, or euthanasia, not a pleasant thing to contemplate, but in the long run, it was best for RAMBO so we chose the latter couldn't bear to see him suffer, not sure if this post is of any help, but I and Mrs Pete999 feel it was the right thing, RIP RAMBO

@Nolnoc @Pete999 sorry to heard about your loss.

Jade had to be put down, she was starting to feel the pain regardless of the pain killers, not fair to her to continue.

Sunny Saturday morning & a "trip to the vets". Awful, emotional and soul destroying. Although the vets advised not to be in the room at the time, Mrs M and myself stayed for the full duration. I would not wish this on my worst enemy, heart wrenching sequence of different events watching a loving pet pass away. It was almost as harsh as signing a "Do not recover" contract with the hospital for my Dad that had Cancer (for the 2nd time... 10 days later died peacefully in his sleep).

Making hard decisions for the wright reasons is very difficult. I feel for the people that have to go through the same.

I liked that to let you know I am thinking of you .
That is the hardest thing a person has to do.
Four years ago I had to do the same thing , it still gets to me now . I will never forget it .
I have to be honest and say that I could not go through that again.
It takes trust to the ultimate.

Reply to The Vets and Inevitable in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock