Discuss Thought for the day in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Whales have such a dense layer of subcutaneous fat to help insulate them against the extreme temperature drops they experience at great depths (300metres+) whilst diving.

Also bear in mind that water strips body heat 25times faster than in the open air.

Hope this has shed some light on your dilemma Tony. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whales have such a dense layer of subcutaneous fat to help insulate them against the extreme temperature drops they experience at great depths (300metres+) whilst diving.

Now WHY do I seem to get drawn back to the 100M single mother pram push that someone suggested should be a sport for the 2012 games??

Today's Thought

If the World were a logical place, men would be the ones who ride side saddle. :confused:

LMAO. No it is his farm but he is getting old now. I can remember when i was a nipper him putting a half hundred weight sack of feed on his shoulder and walking about 1&half miles and not breaking a sweat now he goes every where in a landrover. Even the damm dog is getting old and wont go any where except in the landrover:D

Went up to vist a few weeks ago. Found them driving around in the field with the dog hanging out of the window barking at the cows. Every so often he would stick his head back in as to say "LEFT YOU FECKING IDIOT" and then stick his head back out and carry on barking.

Today's Thought (Saturday)

What is a 'free' gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Today's Thought (Sunday)

How can there be self-help 'groups'?

An 'act of god' is invariably something terrible such as a hurricane, tsunami, earthquake etc

'playing god' normally involves something good such as trying to find cures for diseases, and generally trying to save people

so why, whenever there is a discussion about genetic cloning etc, do 'they' always campaign against 'playing god', but when India gets flooded 'they' never say a ruddy word? :rolleyes:

What was it "the best thing since" before sliced bread was invented? :confused:

No idea. Stumped me.

An 'act of god' is invariably something terrible such as a hurricane, tsunami, earthquake etc

'playing god' normally involves something good such as trying to find cures for diseases, and generally trying to save people

so why, whenever there is a discussion about genetic cloning etc, do 'they' always campaign against 'playing god', but when India gets flooded 'they' never say a ruddy word? :rolleyes:

I always presumed 'Playing God' was reserved for things such as genetic cloning and euthanasia etc. Not necessarily for something good.
(Though you can argue euthanasia can be good)

Why is it that if you blow in a dogs face they don't like it.
Put a dog in a car and they want to stick their head out of the window.

Very funny :D

how can you find out which comparison website is best and why is there only one monopolies commision?

You don't, you compare. Because they have the monopoly on it?

depends how you blow dogs love smelly farts:eek:

Even funnier :D:D

Reply to Thought for the day in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock